GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda, technically, looks absolutely pfenominal."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/09/01 at 12:58
Regular
The animation and character models are superb, the overall look of the game is brilliant, whether or not the game should look like a kids cartoon is another debate altogether, but I have seen a few arguements debating whether the game looks good or not, from what I have seen, technically the game looks brilliant, although the footage I saw of the game was obviously from an FMV, as the camera didn;t follow Link, it showed shots of bad guys falling off the edges of stairs etc. If these are the in-game graphics however, it is lookinf very god indeed, technically that is.
Thu 13/09/01 at 15:56
Regular
Nintendo will attract people to the Gamecube via other games.

Then they will play Zelda on a Demo disk, realise how masterful it is, and buy it.
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:08
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
You know when Zelda OOT on the N64 was released many people went out to buy a N64 just to play that game!

Good Nintendo would think.

Now though with this new look it's not as appealing and although you shouldn't judge a book (or in this case a game) by it's cover people do and this isn't going to appeal to people.

Unless people are Zelda fans they will not buy this! Nintendo need to change the look to gain popularity for their console, they don't want to go and make one of their top titles look rubbish (even if it does play well) it's not going to help them in the 'console wars' so to speak.

Andy
Thu 13/09/01 at 11:36
Regular
Booker wrote:
> i don't care about the graphics link looks like a poof

ROFL hes right you know, I like the new graphical style it looks really good, but the pre school Link has gotta go.
Wed 12/09/01 at 22:11
Regular
Anyway, the N64 games were cartoony, they just couldn't do cell shading.

Links had a face transplant but nothing else has changed.

The old GC Zelda footage might've looked good in FMV, but imagine it playing and I think that it would look seriously dodgy.

Having seen the new look in action, it's DEFINATELY the best thing that could've happened to it.

Link might look cute, but he'll be taking the heads of giant boars before you know it!
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
wowsers, you cant really say stuff like that, it is sorta frowned upon.
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:54
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:50
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im suprised with the change in graphics but after seeing it in action it looks absolutely amazing!!
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I have no idea why they changed it, the more i think of it the more dissapointed i become. :(
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Why did they change it? The N64 ones had that winning formula and not everyone likes a cartoon look.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.