GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Itchy wallet syndrome....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 13:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*mumbles*

Damn these special deals. I have enough money to get that new XBox deal (Halo/MM3 + LIVE, or that one from some shop which is the same, but LIVE is replaced with SC)

Seeing as I don't have BB, the SC deal would be better, but BB is probably coming very soon......and you get more moneys worth with the LIVE deal.

Question - I assume the Live account only starts once you activate it, rather than simply buy it. Stupid question I know, but just making sure...

And then of course theres all the other things to do with money.

Like, er, saving it, like I should be...
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:16
Regular
But you aren't funny you are pathetic. No one believes you about your sad a*s job and so called income because no one with a wife and that amount of money would waste their time acting like a complete sad b*stard.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:10
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> It's also worth noting that as a consultant in business you'll
> probably drop dead from a stress related illness before any of us,
> plus you're old so we'll get to be pensioners after you're gone, and
> being born later than you means our life expectancy is higher. Plus
> very few of us are tied down, sorry married, or have things like
> mortgages to worry about. And you're stuck with a pretty crap time
> for personal pensions aren't you ?
>
> You are in fact, a wonderful example of a person growing old as well
> as growing up, and I think I can speak for many here when I say our
> intentions are to grow up but now grow old.
>
> Plus it still doesn't change the fact that, despite wealth, you can't
> manage to make friends on a chat forum where even the most socially
> inept can do so. Heck, you can't even get people to stop generally
> ripping what you say to shreds and making fun of you.
>
> Did it ever occur to you that we don't really give a flying one about
> your money? Or your job?
>
> I've chosen to go on to Teacher Training after University because I
> want to do something that hopefully will mean something to someone,
> to help people. I won't be on 100k, but theres a small chance I'll
> make a difference to someone sometime and with luck I can move on to
> management/Deputy head eventually, maybe Head one day. What have you
> done ? Made money for a firm for your life? Way to go there.
>
> Now if you were really clever you could shift that analogy right back
> onto teaching.

1) I work for myself, not a firm.
2) I've helped develop IT systems for the NHS that have a direct impact on life-threatening decisions.
3) I don't want to make friends on here.
4) Your "so called ripping to shreds" is acutally really funny!!
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:05
Regular
Bullett wrote:

> How can it handle better than an Elise when it IS one? The only
> differences are cosmetic ones and it may be a little more efficient
> but it certainly isn't better than the Elise...

No it isn't, it's a VX220.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:05
Regular
As much as I can't stand the pr*ck he is right about the VX220 being a faster and overall smoother car than the Elise. Top Gear did a show on it a few months back and they all agreed that the VX220 was more than just a rip of the Elise.
Wed 29/10/03 at 15:12
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Nomino wrote:
> We've got a £300,000 mortgage to pay off
> soon, and plan on retiring substantially earlier than most of you lot
> will.

It's also worth noting that as a consultant in business you'll probably drop dead from a stress related illness before any of us, plus you're old so we'll get to be pensioners after you're gone, and being born later than you means our life expectancy is higher. Plus very few of us are tied down, sorry married, or have things like mortgages to worry about. And you're stuck with a pretty crap time for personal pensions aren't you ?

You are in fact, a wonderful example of a person growing old as well as growing up, and I think I can speak for many here when I say our intentions are to grow up but now grow old.

Plus it still doesn't change the fact that, despite wealth, you can't manage to make friends on a chat forum where even the most socially inept can do so. Heck, you can't even get people to stop generally ripping what you say to shreds and making fun of you.

Did it ever occur to you that we don't really give a flying one about your money? Or your job?

I've chosen to go on to Teacher Training after University because I want to do something that hopefully will mean something to someone, to help people. I won't be on 100k, but theres a small chance I'll make a difference to someone sometime and with luck I can move on to management/Deputy head eventually, maybe Head one day. What have you done ? Made money for a firm for your life? Way to go there.

Now if you were really clever you could shift that analogy right back onto teaching.
Wed 29/10/03 at 15:03
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> Gramma, grammer, grammar...who gives a sh*t. Do as I say, not as I do.

No I'd rather not thank you.

>As for the VX220, have you ever driven one? No, so shut your sorry little face!

Excuse me? No? Shut my sorry little face? Who the hell do you think you are talking to? I'm no kid! I don't earn as much as you (supposedly) do, but I sure know how a majority of these cars drive. Yes I have driven a VX220, and although it is quite quick, it's nothing special and there are many more cars out there that I'd rather drive.

> More comfortable and handles better than the Elise

How can it handle better than an Elise when it IS one? The only differences are cosmetic ones and it may be a little more efficient but it certainly isn't better than the Elise...

> When you grow up, you will realise the difference.

Lis**ten mate, you're probably not much older than me, so don't s**tart with the 'you kids don't have a clue' crap.

> The problem with you little whipper-snappers

Again, you ain't the elder we mus**t respect. Back off, shut the hell up and leave this situation be, before get completely hated by the entire forum.

And trus**t me, they're a vicious lot...;P
Wed 29/10/03 at 14:24
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> I think you'll find it's 'Grammar'.
>
> Oh, and you call a VX220 a Sporty Number? Chipped or not, they're
> probably the wors**t attempt at 'Sports Cars' I've ever seen. Ripped
> off from a Lotus and covered in a crappy Vauxhall shell.
>
> What were they thinking?

Gramma, grammer, grammar...who gives a sh*t. Do as I say, not as I do.

As for the VX220, have you ever driven one? No, so shut your sorry little face! More comfortable and handles better than the Elise, is fas**ter than some Ferrari's, and cos**ts jus**t £25,000. It's not a true sports car, it's a pocket rocket; a "sporty number". When you grow up, you will realise the difference. You might not like the look, but that's a matter of tas**te, but performance cannot be disputed.

Yes, I can afford a Porsche. In fact, I will probably get the new 911 or similar in a couple of years time when I've got a bit more cash behind me. Or, I could get a new Ferrari. At the end of the day though, they are only cars; get you from A to B, jus**t like a Ford Focus.

The problem with you little whipper-snappers is, you don't know what living is. When you've worked for your money like me, you don't jus**t splash it around on pointless cars unless you can truly afford to throw the money away. We've got a £300,000 mortgage to pay off soon, and plan on retiring subs**tantially earlier than mos**t of you lot will.

There's more to life than cars. Like XBox consoles for example, of which I can buy 2 every day! lol
Wed 29/10/03 at 13:59
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> So, in summary, a 100K salary means:
> 1) You can buy two Xbox's a day
> 2) You have crap taste in cars despite being able to afford some
> really nice little sports cars
> 3) You need a dictionary
> 4) You're wife is easily impressed, but hey she probably has to be
> 5) You feel the need to try and escape a very silly situation you've
> created by turning it into a joke, except only you and your wife are
> laughing, and she's probably doing it at you.
>
> High ho !

High Ho indeed! :D
Wed 29/10/03 at 13:53
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
So, in summary, a 100K salary means:
1) You can buy two Xbox's a day
2) You have crap taste in cars despite being able to afford some really nice little sports cars
3) You need a dictionary
4) You're wife is easily impressed, but hey she probably has to be
5) You feel the need to try and escape a very silly situation you've created by turning it into a joke, except only you and your wife are laughing, and she's probably doing it at you.

High ho !
Wed 29/10/03 at 13:31
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> grammer

I think you'll find it's 'Grammar'.

Oh, and you call a VX220 a Sporty Number? Chipped or not, they're probably the worst attempt at 'Sports Cars' I've ever seen. Ripped off from a Lotus and covered in a crappy Vauxhall shell.

What were they thinking?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.