GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Itchy wallet syndrome....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 13:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*mumbles*

Damn these special deals. I have enough money to get that new XBox deal (Halo/MM3 + LIVE, or that one from some shop which is the same, but LIVE is replaced with SC)

Seeing as I don't have BB, the SC deal would be better, but BB is probably coming very soon......and you get more moneys worth with the LIVE deal.

Question - I assume the Live account only starts once you activate it, rather than simply buy it. Stupid question I know, but just making sure...

And then of course theres all the other things to do with money.

Like, er, saving it, like I should be...
Thu 30/10/03 at 13:07
Regular
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> ALL rich people are arrogant; looking down their noses at everyone
> else, regardless of whether or not they've worked for their money or
> were born into it.

Wrong! I only look down the noses of you lot hiding behind your little computer screens!
Thu 30/10/03 at 13:04
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> So that's actually why you have a personal pension plan ? I thought
> you'd have a personal one alongside a company one.

I've got 5 pension plans actually, have you got one? They can start from when you are as young as 1 month these days; just right for you whipper snappers.

> You and the other tens of thousands of people involved no doubt.

Sure, there were other people involved. I lead the ERP team, and of the 3 projects that came out of that, I lead 2 of those teams. Not thousands of people, maybe 30 at peak. Leadership is a quality you can only dream of.

> It's not funny if you're the only one laughing. Plus what'sa 100k man
> like yourself doing arguing the afternoon away on a chat forum? I'm a
> student, hence time wasting is an art by now.

I'm my own boss so work the hours I want. I don't waste time as you call it. Time isn't for wasting; it's for enjoying, and laughing at you lot waffling on with your dross is too much to miss!!
Thu 30/10/03 at 12:58
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> Yuo obviously don't know your cars then. Do the research and you will
> find out that Vauxhall took the designs and specs from a Lotus Elise
> (with Lotus' approval), tweaked it a little and put a VX220 shell on
> it.

Not "took" them, worked "with" Lotus. Given that I own a VX220, I think I know a bit more about them than you. Having researched what to buy (an Elise or VX220), there was no contest. The Elise underperforms and is for people who only care about the brand name. The rest of us go for the better car, made by Vauxhall, called VX220.

I totally agree about the cars heritage, but at the end of the day, a VX220 is a VX220, not an Elise.
Wed 29/10/03 at 23:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Honestly; how can someone so
> immature, so computer illiterate, so arrogant have the life you
> alledgedly lead?

ALL rich people are arrogant; looking down their noses at everyone else, regardless of whether or not they've worked for their money or were born into it.
Wed 29/10/03 at 22:55
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> 3) I don't want to make friends on here.

Then why are you here?

I just can't take you seriously. The way you act, talk and the hole-riddled information you give us just tells me you're making up everything that comes out of your mouth. Honestly; how can someone so immature, so computer illiterate, so arrogant have the life you alledgedly lead?
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:52
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> Oooh, so Cyclone has got enough money for a new XBox pack. On my
> salary I could buy 2 of those packs every day, so what's the big deal
> in being able to by just one?

one word - w@**er
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:46
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> As for the VX220, have you ever driven one? No, so shut your sorry
> little face! More comfortable and handles better than the Elise, is
> faster than some Ferrari's, and costs just £25,000. It's not a
> true sports car, it's a pocket rocket; a "sporty number".
> When you grow up, you will realise the difference. You might not
> like the look, but that's a matter of taste, but performance cannot
> be disputed.
>
> Yes, I can afford a Porsche. In fact, I will probably get the new
> 911 or similar in a couple of years time when I've got a bit more
> cash behind me. Or, I could get a new Ferrari. At the end of the
> day though, they are only cars; get you from A to B, just like a Ford
> Focus.
>
> The problem with you little whipper-snappers is, you don't know what
> living is. When you've worked for your money like me, you don't just
> splash it around on pointless cars unless you can truly afford to
> throw the money away. We've got a £300,000 mortgage to pay off
> soon, and plan on retiring substantially earlier than most of you lot
> will.
>
> There's more to life than cars. Like XBox consoles for example, of
> which I can buy 2 every day! lol

considering you're alledgedly older than a lot of people on here, you come across as very immature and patronising. That tosh about the vx220 made me laugh - faster than some ferraris, ok.

So go buy your 911, new ferrari or whatever, pay off your 300k mortgage, retire at 35, and live in your amazing little world where everyone else looks to you for the answers, cares what you think, thinks your jokes are funny, and the planet revolves to the tune of your every whim and fancy. It is you my friend who has the growing up to do.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:35
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Nomino wrote:
> 1) I work for myself, not a firm.

So that's actually why you have a personal pension plan ? I thought you'd have a personal one alongside a company one.

> 2) I've helped develop IT systems for the NHS that have a direct
> impact on life-threatening decisions.

You and the other tens of thousands of people involved no doubt.

> 3) I don't want to make friends on here.

Good job

> 4) Your "so called ripping to shreds" is acutally really
> funny!!

It's not funny if you're the only one laughing. Plus what'sa 100k man like yourself doing arguing the afternoon away on a chat forum? I'm a student, hence time wasting is an art by now.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:34
Regular
You obviously didn't watch Top Gear then where they did a whole show on which had the upper hand. Its more than just a rip.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:29
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
>
> How can it handle better than an Elise when it IS one? The only
> differences are cosmetic ones and it may be a little more efficient
> but it certainly isn't better than the Elise...
>
> No it isn't, it's a VX220.

Yuo obviously don't know your cars then. Do the research and you will find out that Vauxhall took the designs and specs from a Lotus Elise (with Lotus' approval), tweaked it a little and put a VX220 shell on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.