GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is Viewtiful Joe?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe'.
Mon 27/10/03 at 11:05
Regular
I mean dude this game is just brilliant. Deserves a place in everyones collection.

If you haven't got it yet... then go and get it... right now. Stop reading, go buy the game.

Are you still here?

Oh need persuading. Well it literally reeks "cool", it is so cool to watch Joe smash a robot in front of him whilst dodging a bullet and kicking the enemy behind him right in the moosh. Controlling is beautiful ahem Viewtiful and it's even slightly taxing.

And it's a tad adult too.

Cool. Yes very cool.

Buy.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Beat the 'copter. Got past the second set of two as well. Still on adult setting.
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I got to the helly-copper and then I had to go do my English essay. But I'm done now and so BAM BAM BAM VIEWTIFUL
Tue 04/11/03 at 19:27
Regular
I've done it on kids mode. but on adults mode I can't even get past the first hellicopter!
Tue 04/11/03 at 20:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ha, yeh it was pretty dificult.
What's the default setting? That's what I think I'm paying it on.
Tue 04/11/03 at 21:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Adult. So yah.
Tue 04/11/03 at 22:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There is no default, you have to select it.

I'm up to the green guy with the axe now. I'm finding it pretty hard because he can do this thing that just hurts you. When he's nowhere near you. I don't know how it works, why it works, where it works or what it works. I don't even know when it works, or how to avoid it.
Tue 04/11/03 at 22:32
Regular
I've been playing Hit and Run FARRRRRR too much... must return and finish Viewtiful!
Tue 04/11/03 at 23:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Blank wrote:
> There is no default, you have to select it.
>
> I'm up to the green guy with the axe now. I'm finding it pretty hard
> because he can do this thing that just hurts you. When he's nowhere
> near you. I don't know how it works, why it works, where it works or
> what it works. I don't even know when it works, or how to avoid it.

That is Hulk Davidson, methinks.

Oh, and watch the cutscene before the battle with him. Watch it repeatedly. Genius defined.
Tue 04/11/03 at 23:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
And when he swings his axe, go into Slow and begin to pound him. Also, when he charges at you, jump over, and then beat him with Speed attacks.
Tue 04/11/03 at 23:19
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The washing machine was on during the cutscene. Therefore I had all vision, no sound.

I've been trying to beat him by hopping over his axe in slow mo then beating the crud out of him until my gage is nearly out, which works quite well. Except I seem to be on fire quite a large amount of the time. But what the hell is that move where you just react as if you've been hit when nothing is near you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.