GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capcom prevail again!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe'.
Tue 28/10/03 at 11:55
Regular
Viewtiful Joe arrived this morning and have been playing it for the last couple of hours. Sweet Capcom mother of gaming this is one hell of a title. The moves, the slow motion, the style, the character art, everything in this game looks awesome and it feels great to play. Its a hard game to describe as I haven't played anything like it before but its definitley a great change from shooting and racing games.

Anyway back I go for another hour or so and then I will most likely read the maunal, bloody difficult game too :)
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:20
Regular
Yes and 70% of them are multiformat. With 3 consoles to support multiformat games really don't do it for me unless they are somthing I have a special interest in.
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So multiformat games aren't as good as exclusive games, even if you have all 3 consoles?

go figure...
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:26
Regular
Nope, the majority of the games I want this Christmas are actually GameCube exclusive.
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:27
Regular
[was replying to Ali]
Tue 28/10/03 at 23:52
Regular
> Well since you've challenged me, I can see the two you've mentioned,
> F-Zero GX, Billy Hatcher, Rogue Squadron 3, Mario Paty 5, 1080
> Avalanche, not to mention a tonne of multiformat games. I will
> retract the comment I made that you can only find that kind of fun on
> Nintendo consoles, because in retrospect, that's just not true any
> more.

Yes it is...

Nothing Sony or Microsoft can make will ever be as fun as Mario Sunshine, Zelda or Mario Kart.

And having access to all 3 consoles allows me to make that sweeping statement. Yes there are fun games on these consoles for very different reasons but Nintendo are just so genius.

Kisses ar$e
Tue 28/10/03 at 23:55
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Yes and 70% of them are multiformat. With 3 consoles to support
> multiformat games really don't do it for me unless they are somthing
> I have a special interest in.

I'm no rich kid... I can't afford all the games that come out this year...

I desire over the coming months:

Viewtiful joe (check)
Mario Kart
Worms 3D
F Zero GX
Rebel Strike
Billy Hatcher
Tony Hawks 4.

I count 6 exclusive... 2 Multiformat.

Now 8 games is a lot to afford!
Tue 28/10/03 at 23:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*puts Capcom VJ hand up*

OOOWWW!

Actually, a Michael Jackass somewhere in that game, preferably fightable, would have made it the best game ever.
Tue 28/10/03 at 23:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dringo, have you played Billy Hatcher?

Is it really worth getting, considering 3-D patforming is one of, if not my favourite genre?
Wed 29/10/03 at 00:04
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Dringo, have you played Billy Hatcher?
>
> Is it really worth getting, considering 3-D patforming is one of, if
> not my favourite genre?

Ah now you see I have...

And like you I love 3D platformers... and despite having certain camera problems I still loved the game.

I thought it was pretty smart. But I haven't played it enough (Mario Kart was calling my name) to give a decisive mark...

Reviews point to flawed but good. So lets stick with that.

Henshi ago go baby!
Wed 29/10/03 at 00:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Look, I struggled to ask that BH question without referring to VJ, and you just say that amazing lin..........................

AHA! I AM HULK DAVIDSON! MWWAHAHAH!

Or, even more brilliant.

Sure, dude, but one of us is gonna have to wear a 'yelllooow' suit!

AHAHAHA!!!

I shall try a BH demo if I see one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.