GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We have once again, failed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/03 at 20:01
Regular
"es argh"
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2896

BAH!

We keep saying "It wont be long until they buy the better game"

But it's been so long, bah stupid stupid people spending MORE on a much crapper game.

*Angry face*

*Plays PES3 at night with it raining* Wow, thats 2 things FIFA hasnt got and people have still bought the game.

Knobcheeses

Ah well, lets hope they come to their senses and start to convert to the good side before Christmas
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:40
Regular
"es argh"
But your saying PES2 is better...

How long have you platwed PES3 for?
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, but then you just get used to the faults. Doesn't mean it's actually a good game and you didn't realise at first, it means it's a crap and you're telling yourself it's good...
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:13
Regular
"es argh"
Give it a week Blank, many people have said it's crap but it grew on them.
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:11
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> At least they've got rid of the repetitive "incidents" on
> the replays.
>
> "Let's have a look at this incident..."
>
> "And then onto this incident..."
>
> Arrrrrgh!

Definitely! Now they seem to just talk about the match in general instead of what's actually being replayed.

> Player likenesses are better, but I found the graphics to look dull,
> fuzzy and washed out?

Yes, a bit. The game in general is a disappointment for me. I'm thinking about trading in PES3 now, and keeping 2, instead of vice versa.
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:58
Regular
"es argh"
Bane wrote:
> Could Badgerman be the most incredibly stupid member of these forums?
> Quite a title, considering.
>
> "MAE GAEM IS BEETA DAN UR GAEM! IF U DIZAGEREE U IZ STOPID ROFL
> LOL HAHAHA!111twelve"
>
> Obviously a man rubbing shoulders with the world's intellectual
> elite.

Hello.

Actually, I don't use "Txt tlk" and I can form a sentence *points*

And you're implying I'm stupid? Good one, next you'll be making comments that i never said!.. oh wait, you have, idiot.

You sir, are still a fool, you have proved your overall Mong-ness yet again, no need to argue with this if your gonna be a knobhead.

Overall, Pro Evo IS the better game, find a website that reviews the two and rates FIFA better and I'll say that IB's a fair guy.
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:54
"High polygon count"
Commentary was better, definitely, but I didn't think it was that great personally. Just before kick-off you can hardly hear Trevor Brooking. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but still...

At least they've got rid of the repetitive "incidents" on the replays.

"Let's have a look at this incident..."

"And then onto this incident..."

Arrrrrgh!

Player likenesses are better, but I found the graphics to look dull, fuzzy and washed out?
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Actually, the commentary is one of the few things I think is vastly improved for PES3. Gameplay is worse, but commentary is better. They make astute comments about the whole match, which in almost every case actually rings true.

Players look a lot more like the real life counterparts as well.

Menus, on screen text and above all gameplay have both been ruined though.
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:41
"High polygon count"
Played PES3 once so far - my mate's copy. No doubt we will play it many times, because we had a Master League going on PES2, and will do the same on this version.

But I doubt I'll be buying it.

Simple reason: The majority of my gameplay time is just me by myself, and when I'm playing I want to play as 'my' team - Arsenal. Which means Sony's TIF series, possibly Club Football, or the "dreaded" FIFA.

I want to take part in league and cup competitions with the actual Arsenal squad, not some mish-mash of players I've never heard of. I don't want to have to play for hours to unlock the full team and transfer options, just so that I can recreate a club which should be available anyway. So for me, PES is great for multiplayer, but lousy as a single-player game.

There's no doubt that PES plays the best game of footy, but the options, commentary and presentation SUCK, and not being able to take your club through the Master League by default is utterly stupid. FIFA wins hands-down in all these areas, and now - according to many reviews - in the new game, the gameplay itself now genuinely isn't *too* far behind.

PES4? Konami need to stop tinkering with an almost-perfect game engine and put some serious development time into presentation and options. FIFA *is* almost catching up, and with EA's vastly superior presentation, Konami will end up being played off the park.
Fri 31/10/03 at 10:18
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Mate, it doesn't matter whether there isn'y anything else to improve upon the series, i think that SOCOM and Halo are better than Pro Evo 3. Yes i own the game, my mates do as well, and yes we do play with the multi-tap. I can't deny it, playing with our created school side is so much fun, especially taking it in turn to be the keeper. But is still so much to be improved.

Firstly, get new commentary, the commentary on all Pro Evo's has been dire.

Can't remember if it was in this post, but someone said that i couldn't time my tackles. I can mate, but the other team still gets given free-kicks as long as they fall over afterwards.

Penalty decisions are crud, hack them down outside the box and the big man points to th spot?!

No, there aren't many faults with the game, and i haven't listed them all above, but i still rate SOCOM and Halo higher than PES3.
Fri 31/10/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
ELJUICY wrote:
> It doesn't matter if they're different genre of games, they ARE better
> games than PES3 in my opinion. And i didn't say that Konami needed to
> put money into the franchise, i said they needed to put more effort
> into it.

How?

Whilst admittedly, Konami need to tweak the additions that they have made to the Pro Evo mechanics, what else do you think they need to do to improve the series?

Online play would be nice, but I still feel having your mates around, huddled around a console is a much more gratifying experience.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.