GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Listen to your parents!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/09/01 at 02:17
Regular
Parents are those really hip people that most of you share your house with. You know the ones, always trying to make you do things because 'it's for the best', the ones that make you cringe when they 'dance', and you are always trying to figure out why they aren't happy people in the mornings. (Understanding these things comes later, wait till you're a parent...)

It's now September, and offspring of the world should now unite in gearing up for the festive season and start dropping hints regarding possible presents. Clearly last year's Christmas campaign by moi was not a success as I got a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Blue in my Christmas stocking.

However, this year will be different as I've printed off a complete list of all those Dreamcast games that I'm missing from my collection and left copies of it in inconspicuous places around the house, like on top of the TV, on my mum's favourite chair, draped nonchalantly across the toilet seat, that kind of thing.

Knowing my mum though, she'll probably end up getting me Legend of Zelda for the N64...

So what about you? What is YOUR Christmas campaign going to be this year? Are you rooting for Conker's Bad Fur Day and going to get Fur Fighters? Are you gunning for Perfect Dark and going to end up with Digimon World? Do you keep asking for a shoot 'em up and getting told that drugs are bad for you?

In short, do your parents have a clue about your gaming desires or do they come out with comments like my mum's recent one: "Microsoft and Nintendo are bringing out their new Playstations soon..."
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:16
Seifer wrote:
> You haven't completed Final Fantasy 9... ha! Amateur!

I completed
> Final Fantasy 9 AGES ago! Infact I completed Final Fantasy 3 days
> after I got it

*Seifer waits for the barrages of insults*

wel i completed it, and did everything on it a week after i came through my door muahhahaha, i even got all the landspirits and defeated ozma, did the chocobos, and stellazios, the cards and all the weapons, i learnt all abilities, skill, white magic, black magic, blu magic and what ever freya does.

In mystiques defence, she hasn't long got it, and shes a girl.
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:18
You as well, Final Fantasy 9 was just too easy!
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:26
way to easy, for everything to be done in a week, shouldn't be called a game.

still good though, better than 8.
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:28
I'm an 8 fan myself, it was just SO under-rated, hence my user-name Seifer!

:)
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:35
don't get me wrong Final Fantasy VIII is an amazing game, but slightly to serious.

Seifer one of the best fiends of the final fantasy series

My faveourite would have to be either FFVI or FFVII not sure, they are both amazing
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:39
Seifer is the best fiend, they only bad thing about him is that he ends up going fishing, there is no sensible 18 year old who would go fishing after they had just tried to cause Time Compression which would have therefore would have caused world destruction
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:51
Yeah it is rather stupid, but it is funny when Fujin boots Raijin into the water.

They are goo friends to seifer, sticking with him through thik and thin.

Have you played FF6??
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:53
It is one of the more comical sides to game!

I have only played the Playstation Final Fantasies but I know that Final Fantasy 6 was the absolute best
Sun 09/09/01 at 04:05
6 was amazing, believe me.

I was playing 8 the other day and i founf another comical bit can't remember what though.

I like when Zell wants to shake every ones hands but no one shakes his
Sun 09/09/01 at 08:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
My mum has only ever bought one game.

Double Dragon 3 on the Gameboy.

Never again....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.