GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Listen to your parents!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/09/01 at 02:17
Regular
Parents are those really hip people that most of you share your house with. You know the ones, always trying to make you do things because 'it's for the best', the ones that make you cringe when they 'dance', and you are always trying to figure out why they aren't happy people in the mornings. (Understanding these things comes later, wait till you're a parent...)

It's now September, and offspring of the world should now unite in gearing up for the festive season and start dropping hints regarding possible presents. Clearly last year's Christmas campaign by moi was not a success as I got a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Blue in my Christmas stocking.

However, this year will be different as I've printed off a complete list of all those Dreamcast games that I'm missing from my collection and left copies of it in inconspicuous places around the house, like on top of the TV, on my mum's favourite chair, draped nonchalantly across the toilet seat, that kind of thing.

Knowing my mum though, she'll probably end up getting me Legend of Zelda for the N64...

So what about you? What is YOUR Christmas campaign going to be this year? Are you rooting for Conker's Bad Fur Day and going to get Fur Fighters? Are you gunning for Perfect Dark and going to end up with Digimon World? Do you keep asking for a shoot 'em up and getting told that drugs are bad for you?

In short, do your parents have a clue about your gaming desires or do they come out with comments like my mum's recent one: "Microsoft and Nintendo are bringing out their new Playstations soon..."
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:17
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Parents are those really hip people that most of you share your house with. You know the ones, always trying to make you do things because 'it's for the best', the ones that make you cringe when they 'dance', and you are always trying to figure out why they aren't happy people in the mornings. (Understanding these things comes later, wait till you're a parent...)

It's now September, and offspring of the world should now unite in gearing up for the festive season and start dropping hints regarding possible presents. Clearly last year's Christmas campaign by moi was not a success as I got a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Blue in my Christmas stocking.

However, this year will be different as I've printed off a complete list of all those Dreamcast games that I'm missing from my collection and left copies of it in inconspicuous places around the house, like on top of the TV, on my mum's favourite chair, draped nonchalantly across the toilet seat, that kind of thing.

Knowing my mum though, she'll probably end up getting me Legend of Zelda for the N64...

So what about you? What is YOUR Christmas campaign going to be this year? Are you rooting for Conker's Bad Fur Day and going to get Fur Fighters? Are you gunning for Perfect Dark and going to end up with Digimon World? Do you keep asking for a shoot 'em up and getting told that drugs are bad for you?

In short, do your parents have a clue about your gaming desires or do they come out with comments like my mum's recent one: "Microsoft and Nintendo are bringing out their new Playstations soon..."
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:20
My parents are useless when it comes down to consoles, they now next to nothing! I'm getting a PS2 for Crimbo, I have got this one in the bag, my dad has given it the thumbs up already, just what to get with it and how many games I'll be getting with it is another question though!
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:30
My parent know nothing abou my gaming desires, i have to give them suttle hints about what i want.

By suttle i mean i have to tell them, many time what i want.
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:33
FantasyMeister wrote:
wait till you're a parent

Are you a parent? If so, do your children scream for games? Do you let them go on the consoles or do you shout at them and tell them to get to bed, even if it is at 5 in the afternoon
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:39
Regular
"How Handy."
I hate my parents. They shouted when I came in at 1:00 am. grrr, they think I'm about 6.
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:40
Regular
yes people christmas is dawning on us...want proof..go to your local ASDA and you will find......christmas puddings!

i havent even thought on what i want...maybe a GBA or a load of dvds oo final fantasy X
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:42
I want FFX! I could almost scream, but I'll have to wait until June

*Seifer screams profanities at the computer*
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:48
Mystique wrote:
> yes people christmas is dawning on us...want proof..go to your local
> ASDA and you will find......christmas puddings!

i havent even
> thought on what i want...maybe a GBA or a load of dvds oo final
> fantasy X

I want FFX

Don't know what your worrying about FFX mystique you still got FFIX to complete
Sun 09/09/01 at 02:50
You haven't completed Final Fantasy 9... ha! Amateur!

I completed Final Fantasy 9 AGES ago! Infact I completed Final Fantasy 3 days after I got it

*Seifer waits for the barrages of insults*
Sun 09/09/01 at 03:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
FM's mum said:
> "Microsoft and Nintendo are bringing out their new Playstations
> soon..."

Aiii, respec your mum. She knows where it's at! BO!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.