GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Listen to your parents!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/09/01 at 02:17
Regular
Parents are those really hip people that most of you share your house with. You know the ones, always trying to make you do things because 'it's for the best', the ones that make you cringe when they 'dance', and you are always trying to figure out why they aren't happy people in the mornings. (Understanding these things comes later, wait till you're a parent...)

It's now September, and offspring of the world should now unite in gearing up for the festive season and start dropping hints regarding possible presents. Clearly last year's Christmas campaign by moi was not a success as I got a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Blue in my Christmas stocking.

However, this year will be different as I've printed off a complete list of all those Dreamcast games that I'm missing from my collection and left copies of it in inconspicuous places around the house, like on top of the TV, on my mum's favourite chair, draped nonchalantly across the toilet seat, that kind of thing.

Knowing my mum though, she'll probably end up getting me Legend of Zelda for the N64...

So what about you? What is YOUR Christmas campaign going to be this year? Are you rooting for Conker's Bad Fur Day and going to get Fur Fighters? Are you gunning for Perfect Dark and going to end up with Digimon World? Do you keep asking for a shoot 'em up and getting told that drugs are bad for you?

In short, do your parents have a clue about your gaming desires or do they come out with comments like my mum's recent one: "Microsoft and Nintendo are bringing out their new Playstations soon..."
Sun 04/04/10 at 09:50
Regular
"Born to fish"
This was the first trip of the year out in John Paytons boat, as he has not long returned from his winterly stay in tenereif.
We decided to head out for the warts bank, to get a few live sandeel. It was hard work to find even a few eels this time, we managed to scratch out a about 15 and the odd mackie starting to show.
We stuck around the warts and had a few drifts on the bottom to try and entice a dab or an early gurnard, no luck, plauged with small whiting instead.
Tried a few drifts a bit closer in, but as expected, the bottom was barren!
Back to basics then, we went into the sound area and had a go for some callig with the live eel. It took a couple of drifts to locate the consitant fish, once we found our spot we put the anchor down. I decided to get to terms with some circle hooks that has been sitting in my box, "let the fish run, everybody says when using them" Tried that and the first 2 fish managed to swallow the hook right down (luckily in size), then the next fish i managed to foul hook in the back of the head! After loosing further fish, i went back to the norm, with instant success!
We had lots of nice sized callig today, with biggest of about 8 1/2lb, which i took on a white shad on my spinning rod. John managed a ballen of about 3lb on the scratching rig
About 98% of the callig were all nicely hooked, and with the fish in prime condition and spawning, they were all retured
Sun 09/09/01 at 17:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
34 year old FM tips for Christmas :-D

I just told parents I wanted a electric guitar for Christmas :-D

I thought I was getting Dreamcast last year and got a keyboard... they tricked me :-)

Damn fine keyboard mind
Sun 09/09/01 at 16:48
Regular
Or just do what I do.

"I'll just have the money, ta."
Sun 09/09/01 at 16:33
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
I'm asking for money this christmas, to go towards a new PC I want to get. Money's always the best option, then you can get something you actually want with it.
Sun 09/09/01 at 16:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
My parents don't have a clue about games.

They have called my playstation the Sony, the Sega, and the gamestation but the worst was..."get off that playboy!"

Lol

And last christmas I had to go and buy the games I wanted with my parents because they would have got the wrong ones.

Mum- you want Tony Hawks Skateboading?

Me- yes

Mum- and thats for the Play machine?

Me- no, for the dreamcast, the new console I bought.

Mum- how will I know what one it is?

Me- huh?

Mum-What will it be like?

Me- Er, it will be in a blue case with Tony Hawks on it.

Mum- What shop do I go to again?

Me- Forget it mum, I'll come shopping with you.
Sun 09/09/01 at 14:40
Regular
Fl@me Boy wrote:
> My mum doesn't know much...

I've trained her in 3
> sentances:

"Playstations are crap."

"Nintendo
> are Best."

"I should buy my son many games for his
> Nintendo consoles."

I normally go out and buy what I want
> (Games/Consoles) and then charge my mum and dad about 150% of the
> amount to cover the expenses... ^_^

Thats the life, ahhhhhhhhh
Sun 09/09/01 at 14:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The easy alternative if you live alone is to write out all the Games that you really want, pop them in an enevelope with 'Dear Santa' written on it, then accidently send a copy to your parents' house, every week, until Christmas.
Sun 09/09/01 at 14:37
My mum doesn't know much...

I've trained her in 3 sentances:

"Playstations are crap."

"Nintendo are Best."

"I should buy my son many games for his Nintendo consoles."

I normally go out and buy what I want (Games/Consoles) and then charge my mum and dad about 150% of the amount to cover the expenses... ^_^
Sun 09/09/01 at 13:10
"I love yo... lamp."
Wow Mystique is still going strong at 1 in the afternoon! Or did she sleep in the mean time. Anyway, some of us actually do live alone you know. In which case it is not fair because you can never leave those lists all over th place.
Sun 09/09/01 at 13:00
Regular
Seifer wrote:
> I want FFX! I could almost scream, but I'll have to wait until
> June

JUNE?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.