GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Graphics- GameCube, X-Box, or PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 11:56
Regular
Which console boasts the best graphics? Personally, i reckon that the GameCube has the best graphics, while the X-box does not master its (otherwise crap) graphics, and the PS2 seriously lacks in graphic compared to GameCube and the 'full' potential of the X-box
Sat 08/09/01 at 23:32
"I love yo... lamp."
Looks like most of us are agreed then that the pecking order is
#1 X-box
#2 GameCube
#3 PS2
Sat 08/09/01 at 23:15
i played the gamecube on sunday at the nintendo show!!!! i kid u not!! it was amazing, i got to play starfox, pikmin, waverace, luigis mansion and smash bros melee (all in japanese) for a fact i can tell you in terms of spec x-box is 1st , gamecube 2nd and ps2 a mile behind, but which system will be able to utilise their graphical capacity is up to the developers!
Sat 08/09/01 at 22:28
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Looking at a screenshot of a game is a lot different to watching a game in motion. MGS2 is a good example, the pics in the mags look good but the first time I saw the footage I was amazed.

Only when they are all released will you be able to compare them properly...

But if I had to guess I would say Xbox is best, GC is in second and the PS2 is in third.
Sat 08/09/01 at 22:23
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Why would he argue, he owns a PS2 and fights the good fight. Well maybe not fight but anyway.
Sat 08/09/01 at 22:20
HA!

See how you couldn't argue with me!

I'm right you see. You tried to change the subject.
Let that be a lesson to all alien furballs!
Sat 08/09/01 at 22:12
"High polygon count"
Hee hee - I like that name, 'Arrow'.

Let's see... only a handful of peeps on here smart enough to come up with that...
Sat 08/09/01 at 22:08
Look, EVERYONE knows that the Gamecube came out AFTER the PS2 so it is more powerful.

But that should not matter because Sony make great games such as Tekken, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil!
Because Nintendo begged, Sony put Resident Evil 2 on the N64.
If Sony do that again then the Gamecube will be better and that means it would be a bad move.
So its Sega Vs Nintendo Vs Sega again only Sega aren't in this one because they ran out of parts to make the Dreamcast! I don't know why they don't make more though.
With just Nintendo and Sony left people will find it easier to bet on the winner.
Sat 08/09/01 at 21:49
"High polygon count"
Strafex wrote:
> If you get really technical, the PS2 has a strong polygon
> count but can't do many special things with these polygons without
> lowering the count.

Even using all effect., it can still push more than a Gamecube. (This is not an attack, just a statement of facts based on the specs as I know them.)

> The style depends on the develloper.
> You prefer mainstream generic style.
> I prefer more of a variety in the style.

I'm sorry, but based on past experience, games on Nintendo platforms have a far more uniform appearance than PlayStation. (Can't comment on Xbox because it has no history.)

There are a far more diverse range of game/graphic styles on the PlayStation platform than Nintendo.
Sat 08/09/01 at 21:10
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> If you want to get really, really technical, then the PS2 is
> fractionally better than them all.

If you get really technical, the PS2 has a strong polygon count but can't do many special things with these polygons without lowering the count.

The other 2, on the other hand can pull of wonderous tricks (like Cell Shading and Anti Alaising) effortlessly and bring up a better appearance.

Personally, I prefer the PS2's
> STYLE of graphics.

The style depends on the develloper.
You prefer mainstream generic style.

I prefer more of a variety in the style.
Sat 08/09/01 at 20:45
Regular
"I am your father"
Darth Zweters wrote:
> Which console boasts the best graphics? Personally, i reckon that
> the GameCube has the best graphics, while the X-box does not master
> its (otherwise crap) graphics, and the PS2 seriously lacks in
> graphic compared to GameCube and the 'full' potential of the X-box

What a completley waste of my time replying to this. Each one of them has different games and each of those games has different styly of graphics. MGS2 looks beyond impressive and GT3 is, while with the X-Box and Gamecube they'll both have a variety of games which will change in graphics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.