GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Graphics- GameCube, X-Box, or PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 11:56
Regular
Which console boasts the best graphics? Personally, i reckon that the GameCube has the best graphics, while the X-box does not master its (otherwise crap) graphics, and the PS2 seriously lacks in graphic compared to GameCube and the 'full' potential of the X-box
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:18
Regular
You really annoy me ya know that.When do I act like I know a lot about computers I couldn't give 2 craps about the pS2 or how many MHZ your PCs got. Turbo mate me thinks you need to get a life, wake up PCs and PS2 arent everything in life don't ya know. You see ya can't live ya life in the fantasy world on your PS2 forever your gonna need to learn some social skills, maybe make some friends and not just exist in your own little dream world on ya PC.

Anyway im not gonna argue with you, I can't be bothered to waste my breath (oh no me forgot im actually typing something you need to realise that typing to people on your keyboard shouldn't really be your only social activity) but anyway enough of this I can't be bothered to talk to you.
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, you are stupid, but what really pees me off is you act like you actually know something, when you blatently don't.
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:05
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> GAH. I really hate people who are stupid, and a lot of you are
> stupid.

I'm telling you the consoles are virtually the same. You
> can't really compare them. But of course, you don't understand this
> because you don't understand enough about computers and all you see
> is higher processors.

Please, take it from me, as somebody who
> clearly knows a lot more than you, they are about equal.

You see this is what Pi$$es me off about you Turbo, you say people are stupid because they don't know as much about computers as you. Maybe its not that were stupid, maybe its just that we don't actually care.
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:03
It's another graphics over gameplay arguement, you can't simply judge a console on it's graphics, you have got to totally weigh up the complete package, graphics are rather insignificant in a way, I am happy with legible graphics, as long as the game has brilliant gameplay and a class storyline. I love playing on Final Fantasy games, and FF7 graphics nowadays is poor, but it is still one of the greatest games to play on
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
GAH. I really hate people who are stupid, and a lot of you are stupid.

I'm telling you the consoles are virtually the same. You can't really compare them. But of course, you don't understand this because you don't understand enough about computers and all you see is higher processors.

Please, take it from me, as somebody who clearly knows a lot more than you, they are about equal.
Sun 09/09/01 at 00:59
Regular
"Awwwwooooooo"
no....games like zelda final fantasy metal gear.graphics are just a bonus
Sun 09/09/01 at 00:53
Regular
So your saying if Minesweeper was given an in depth storyline then you wouldn't mind playin it?

:)
Sun 09/09/01 at 00:52
Regular
"Awwwwooooooo"
personally graphics dont bother me as long as the game has a decent storyline
Sun 09/09/01 at 00:48
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
look at the stats. The Xbox is by far the most powerful but its screenshots don't look massivly better than the gcs.
Sun 09/09/01 at 00:15
I really fail to see how you can perseve the PS2 or Game Cube can come even close to the xbox in the console stakes.

To get technical the xbox provides superior processor power (OK its a PIII 733 but what can you do) and graphical perfomance to the other consoles.
The 4th Generation Ge-Force wipes the floor with the other consoles. For example Nintendo boast that they can knock out up to 16 million polygons/s. The xbox can produce up to 200 million per second!

Ok the xbox is to be released after the PS2, so you can say "Well it would have been too expensive to mass produce that technology at that time", or "It wasnt forseen that such statistics would be required".
Well i ask you how come the xbox spec is greater than that of the planned PS3?

The only reason not to buy an xbox would have been lack of software titles. But developers are signing up left, right and centre.
Major PS2 software developers have signed their titles over to the xbox, such as Dead of Alive 3 which will appear on the xbox.

ETERNAL_SPOON Meet U @ The Death Match"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.