GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero - what a let down!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Conker the King"
Sorry everyone, but I have already returned my copy of F-Zero to SR.
Bland tracks, bland music, bland vehicles, bland! bland! bland!

Dont get me wrong, I loved F-Zero on the N64 and was really looking forward to this Cube version but alas it is just not worth £34.99. I'll wait until its at a rock bottom price before I get it.

The hype leading up to it going on sale was exaggerated. Everyone said it was blisteringly fast - I said, "so is XG3", I was proved right. XG3 is even faster when you have the 1000cc bike and the tracks looked way better than F Zero. Sorry everyone, this Ninty baby is a let down!
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ooh, Skies Of Arcadia.

I actually didn't know what you were on about there.

Yes, that = magnificento. Best RPG ever. EVER!
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Balls"
skies of arcarda, i'll get that to. and alot of others but mario kart im getting the momonet it comes out. F-zero christmas present must.
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Arcarda?
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Balls"
christmas time, F-Zero and Arcarda... no rhyme
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
F-Zero GX has 30 racers and XG3 does not. :-)
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:46
Regular
I think it is faster than Xtreme G3, however XG3 has a co-op and Fzero doesn't!!! I can't wait for XGRA. I mite actually swap Fzero for XGRA when it comes out.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:36
Regular
"Conker the King"
Bane wrote:
> Which SR did you return it to?
>
> I picked up a copy of SCII for £20 from SR in egham, and if
> F-Zero is there too, I'll laugh heartily.

Returned it to Egham.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hedfix wrote:
> Road Rash 64

> Mario Kart 64

Well, it beats Mario Kart for starters, even if Mario Kart was amazing in 4-player. And believe me, I played it enough to know.

Never played Road Rash, as it got average reviews. Which probably means it's not as good. :-D
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Valentino Rossi wrote:
> I wouldn't go quite that far but it is fantastic
>
> Ah, come on... name a racing game better than it. I doubt you'll
> really find one. :-)
>
> I have completed all story modes on Very Hard and all Cups on Expert
> and have nothing left to do except Time Trial and beat the staff
> ghosts
>
> Have you completed the Cups on Master yet? :-D
> Nah, that's like, ultimate, so I won't be surprised if you haven't.

I have won on all 4 levels yes, just couldn't remember the name of the last difficulty level
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:53
Regular
Are you joking or something?

I received F-Zero GX this morning and it is by far the most exhilirating and intense game I have ever played, not to mention the best racing title I am yet to experience. It is INCREDIBLY fast, unlike XG3 which was merely quick, requires tonnes of skill and is brilliant fun.

Oh, and bland? It's anything but bland. I can appreciate that you may not like the game (though I'm surprised you barely gave it a go), but you really are speaking rubbish on this account. Stuff opinion, it's a FACT that the tracks are beautifully designed. It's not bland.

It's like calling it slow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.