GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero - what a let down!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Conker the King"
Sorry everyone, but I have already returned my copy of F-Zero to SR.
Bland tracks, bland music, bland vehicles, bland! bland! bland!

Dont get me wrong, I loved F-Zero on the N64 and was really looking forward to this Cube version but alas it is just not worth £34.99. I'll wait until its at a rock bottom price before I get it.

The hype leading up to it going on sale was exaggerated. Everyone said it was blisteringly fast - I said, "so is XG3", I was proved right. XG3 is even faster when you have the 1000cc bike and the tracks looked way better than F Zero. Sorry everyone, this Ninty baby is a let down!
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Conker the King"
Sorry everyone, but I have already returned my copy of F-Zero to SR.
Bland tracks, bland music, bland vehicles, bland! bland! bland!

Dont get me wrong, I loved F-Zero on the N64 and was really looking forward to this Cube version but alas it is just not worth £34.99. I'll wait until its at a rock bottom price before I get it.

The hype leading up to it going on sale was exaggerated. Everyone said it was blisteringly fast - I said, "so is XG3", I was proved right. XG3 is even faster when you have the 1000cc bike and the tracks looked way better than F Zero. Sorry everyone, this Ninty baby is a let down!
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Which SR did you return it to?

I picked up a copy of SCII for £20 from SR in egham, and if F-Zero is there too, I'll laugh heartily.
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:41
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Fair enough.
I dont why you said 'bland tracks' though.

Bland?
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:44
Regular
Bland? It tops F zero X for speed, track design and music!!!
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:59
Regular
F-Zero X was bland, uninspiring level design and guff music. This however rocks my foking socks.
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:21
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
*holds up hand*

Ooh, Ooh! Which SR are you returning it to?
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> Sorry everyone, this Ninty baby is a let down!

For you maybe, but it seems the general consensus is it's quite the opposite, and I have to agree, it fooking rocks. Never played any of the previous games but this one really does shine through.

It is a very fast game, and thanks to some excellent tracks, a very challenging one. And with so much to unlock it's going to last me weeks. Another must have for the Cube I say, I would have gladly paid full price for it if I hadn't have won it.
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:25
Regular
I don't really like it either...

I mean it's fun but I play it for a bit and then stop.

In fact I've given it two plays and I doubt it'll get another.

Worms and Simpsons have taken my gaming hours away.

A let down? No. I've never really enjoyed the F Zero series. Which begs the question.

Why did I get it?
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:34
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I think the reason why Im not playing it as much as I did in the first week I got it is because of the difficulty level. Its a very big challenge and im certain that I will never complete it. But it's a fine game with great qualities and im glad I got it.
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:39
Regular
Well I just had to get it....

It was like should I get Worms? Should I get SSX3? Should I get Hit and Run? Should I get Billy Hatcher?

There was no should I get F Zero... that was already settled there was no question.

For those that don't know I chose Worms and Hit and Run and are both far superior to F Zero.

Although.... I hope to get Billy Hatcher somehow.

I'll wait for 1080 rather than get SSX3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.