GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on Mario Kart. Even PS2 can't compete with you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Mon 10/11/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Conker the King"
Well we're all looking forward to Friday. PS2 lovers, in case you didn't realise, its the release of Mario Kart Double Dash. Now I never come over to this forum but I just wanted to say that even you MUST be looking forward to playing this game! Dont deny it now!
Wed 12/11/03 at 08:28
Regular
"Conker the King"
Now contrary to what some of you might think, I didnt come over here to spout off about a Nintendo game. I came here to 'chat' like I would to any other person about this wonderful games release!

Just because its the PS2 forum it doesn't mean that every topic has to be about the PS2, does it?

All I wanted to achieve by this post was some genuine banter about Mario Kart Double Dash.

What I do hope though is that every person who has slated this game and this topic will just have a go at Mario Kart Double Dash and make up their own mind, not listen to other people who just run a game down becuase they dont like the console! That sort of attitude is for the playground.

P.S - its released Friday, £32.99 from SR. Reserve your copy now!!!
:)

Have Fun.
Wed 12/11/03 at 09:06
Regular
the spanker wrote:
except for worms
> which I am not sure of.

Worms 3D isn't online for any format. And considering it isn't an EA game, chances are, if the next Worms game has internet capabilities, it will be for both Xbox and Playstation 2.
Wed 12/11/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
the spanker wrote:
> With the recent news artocle of http://special.reserve.co.uk/
> news/story.php?id=2906 online gaming is actually coming very
> important. You can no longer just push it under the mat by saying it
> doesn't matter, because it does.

That just angers me. Two years ago, when I was in the middle of an argument about how PCs were better than consoles (an argument I won, and received GAD for) the best argument that console plebs could put forward was the benefits of sitting in a room with your mates playing four+ player games together. My counter-argument was that millions could play together online with PC internet games that had been around for years, but you lot dismissed that completely out of hand claiming that playing with 2/3 mates was more enjoyable than playing with millions of others.

But now you can do it too. So now it's better to play with millions, isn;t it? Fumbling, idiotic, ratarded hypocrites, go shove pencils up your nostrils and repeatedly slam your head against your keyboards.
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:12
Regular
No it isn't.

Four player rules supreme.

And Spanker, the new Sims game, SSX 3, Fifa 2004, Medal of Honor rising sun etc... all contain exclusive content via the GBA-GC link up feature. As far as I'm concerned PS2 doesn't have this feature and so therefore Nintendo gets the best deal :)
Wed 12/11/03 at 14:09
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Yes, yes, yes. You'll carry on saying that until Gamecube's next console has fifty online games, half of which you dedicate 5 hours a week to.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Playing with mates is obviously better. The gap is slightly lessened with the introduction of voice comms, but not much.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Well, my actual point is that console owners summarilly dismissed online gaming as crap when it wasn;t available to them. But now it's the dog's nads.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Balls"
well this topic has made the PS forum come alive. not much else on here thats worth talking about, not much for x-mas on PS2.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:05
Regular
"bonnie"
Bane wrote:
> the spanker wrote:
> With the recent news artocle of http://special.reserve.co.uk/
> news/story.php?id=2906 online gaming is actually coming very
> important. You can no longer just push it under the mat by saying it
> doesn't matter, because it does.
>
> That just angers me. Two years ago, when I was in the middle of an
> argument about how PCs were better than consoles (an argument I won,
> and received GAD for) the best argument that console plebs could put
> forward was the benefits of sitting in a room with your mates playing
> four+ player games together. My counter-argument was that millions
> could play together online with PC internet games that had been
> around for years, but you lot dismissed that completely out of hand
> claiming that playing with 2/3 mates was more enjoyable than playing
> with millions of others.
>
> But now you can do it too. So now it's better to play with millions,
> isn;t it? Fumbling, idiotic, ratarded hypocrites, go shove pencils up
> your nostrils and repeatedly slam your head against your keyboards.

Shut up, I wsn't even here years ago.

Sorry if you was not saying it to me, but you did quote my message.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:09
Regular
"bonnie"
Dringo wrote:
> No it isn't.
>
> Four player rules supreme.
>
> And Spanker, the new Sims game, SSX 3, Fifa 2004, Medal of Honor
> rising sun etc... all contain exclusive content via the GBA-GC link
> up feature. As far as I'm concerned PS2 doesn't have this feature and
> so therefore Nintendo gets the best deal :)

They get to play the game with a little hand held. Oh ny god I'm jealous. You may have caught the sarcastic tone in that comment.

Take the fully capable online part of the game, or the part where you use a GBA against each other, I think the online would coem out on top.

There you are sitting in the room playing on your GBA, talking to your self maybe, I think playing against someone else while talking to them is better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.