GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on Mario Kart. Even PS2 can't compete with you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Mon 10/11/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Conker the King"
Well we're all looking forward to Friday. PS2 lovers, in case you didn't realise, its the release of Mario Kart Double Dash. Now I never come over to this forum but I just wanted to say that even you MUST be looking forward to playing this game! Dont deny it now!
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:57
"Darkness, always"
So, you own Pokemon games, and then use them as a vessel to target abuse at other people?

You're more stupid than I thought.
Thu 20/11/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Ha, and this only goes to show your own ignorance. Pokemon is
> actually a very playable RPG (depending which one you play), and
> while it's based around cute, fluffy graphics, it can be quite
> challenging. But of course, it's popular, has a cartoon, a
> merchandising empire and cute grapgics, so it's a babies game,
> right?
>
> Buffoon. Play the game, at least one of them, and you'll see what the
> fuss is about. I'm not saying you'll like it, but you'll at least
> learn that it's not just some vacuous crayola-creature pop-up
> adventure.

*sighs*.

Now you have just shown your own ignorance. Before going into your little rant did you even bother to ask me whether i had played the games? No, you didn't. If you had you would have found out that i actually own Pokemon Blue, yellow and Ruby and i've enjoyed playing all of them and find them to be very good games and spend hours on them trying to catch those elusive pokemon to make up my collection. (And i have to keep replaying them due to stupid computer crashing and deleting my emulator and it's saves)

However, Pokemon's main target audience is children, hence the reason i used it to call him childish. If you took it the wrong way then for what it was implied, oh well.
Thu 20/11/03 at 08:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Pokémon is brillance. i played on red for 500 hours, total, and played on sapphire for 60 hours in 1 week.

Gotta catch 'em all

Anyway, the 'cute' graphics have no relevance to the gameplay, which is a deep, deep challenge.
Thu 20/11/03 at 08:22
"Darkness, always"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I wasn't saying that Nintendo only makes kiddies games the whole *now
> go play with your pokemon* remark was to show just how childish you
> are by even posting a dumb topic like this in the first place. Now
> shoo little child and go play with your pokemon and go back to your
> beloved Nintendo forum (maybe you might actually understand it this
> time)

Ha, and this only goes to show your own ignorance. Pokemon is actually a very playable RPG (depending which one you play), and while it's based around cute, fluffy graphics, it can be quite challenging. But of course, it's popular, has a cartoon, a merchandising empire and cute grapgics, so it's a babies game, right?

Buffoon. Play the game, at least one of them, and you'll see what the fuss is about. I'm not saying you'll like it, but you'll at least learn that it's not just some vacuous crayola-creature pop-up adventure.
Wed 19/11/03 at 21:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Muuuh, N64 4 EVA, give it up. You're losing a stupid and pointless argument and proving how this retarded post relates to your own stupidity.

You can enjoy a game without prancing around like some hyperactive chimpanzee trying to wind up everyone and everything with moronic statements such as the ones that have made up most of this topic.

And don't bother accusing me of being some kind of "sony gaystation fanboy rofl", because I'm not. I own all consoles, and I'm just stating overall forum opinion in saying that your pointless fanboy-ism is getting you nowhere.

Cease. Now.
Wed 19/11/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> I'm not looking forward to it because it's not coming out onto a
> system i own. Now go away little fanboy and play with your pokemon
>
> Oh My God!!
> Imagine that a 'Ninty' that doesn't own a pokemon game! Scandalous!
> He might have to go and play Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Wave
> Race, Rogue Leader or 1080 Avalanche or any other adult themed game
> that Nintendo make, that EVERY playstation owner conveniently forgets
> about when they talk about how wonderful their blo*dy console is!

*sighs* what was i thinking? Using an insult that would actually take brains to figure out. Let me elaborate.

I wasn't saying that Nintendo only makes kiddies games the whole *now go play with your pokemon* remark was to show just how childish you are by even posting a dumb topic like this in the first place. Now shoo little child and go play with your pokemon and go back to your beloved Nintendo forum (maybe you might actually understand it this time)
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:53
Regular
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> any other adult themed game that Nintendo make, that EVERY playstation
> owner conveniently forgets about when they talk about how wonderful
> their blo*dy console is!

I've entered this conversation quite late, and can't be bothered to read through it, but it seems that this argument is because you are here. "We" aren't the ones running through other forums lifting up skirts and pointing at unfamiliar sights. You seem to have started this argument, and aren't letting it drop. Neither side is admitting any kind of defeat, and nobody is going to change their opinions. The people in this forum like their Playstations, and you clearly like your N64, Gamecube, whatever, so how about an attempt at accepting that?
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:48
Regular
"bing bang bong"
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> Just because its the PS2 forum it doesn't mean that every topic has
> to be about the PS2, does it?

Er,

Yes.

You wouldn't go into the Music forum and post about Mario Kart. It's not like those who frequent the Sony forum are physically barred from the Nintendo board. Keep Gamecube discussion in the Nintendo forum, PS2 discussion in the Sony forum, and don't mix - it causes arguments and makes information and discussion more difficult to search and manage (that's the reason we have different forums, after all). If you thought that posting about how great Mario Kart is in a Sony forum was not going incite trolling, flame wars and general trouble, you are either naive or lying.
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:42
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Bane wrote:
> ratarded hypocrites

While I agree with the general theme of your post, this bit made me chuckle.
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Conker the King"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I'm not looking forward to it because it's not coming out onto a
> system i own. Now go away little fanboy and play with your pokemon

Oh My God!!
Imagine that a 'Ninty' that doesn't own a pokemon game! Scandalous! He might have to go and play Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Wave Race, Rogue Leader or 1080 Avalanche or any other adult themed game that Nintendo make, that EVERY playstation owner conveniently forgets about when they talk about how wonderful their blo*dy console is!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.