GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on Mario Kart. Even PS2 can't compete with you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Mon 10/11/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Conker the King"
Well we're all looking forward to Friday. PS2 lovers, in case you didn't realise, its the release of Mario Kart Double Dash. Now I never come over to this forum but I just wanted to say that even you MUST be looking forward to playing this game! Dont deny it now!
Wed 26/11/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Yea but it lacks excitement in most arena's and the battle mode has been TRASHED.
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:38
"Darkness, always"
N64 version is pants imo.

Double Dash revives the original quite well, while making it more frantic and less reliant on perfect track times, and more on battering opponents with unfeasibly large spiky shells, Bolts of Shrinking, and Chain Chomps.

Class.
Wed 26/11/03 at 08:27
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I have to say, I played Double dash, for a good hour, gave it a fair chance and my verdit is "pants". Nothing compared to the N64 version, they've wrecked battle, come up with crapy mapes and generally ruined a classic.
Mon 24/11/03 at 23:32
Regular
"es argh"
Maverick42 wrote:
> You cannot prove any one console is better than the other. 'Best' is a
> stupid word, but I shall not go into that now...

I am bester than you.
Mon 24/11/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
AliBoy wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
>
> Have you unlocked Luigi's Mansion?
>
> Yeah, I based my judgement on Mario Kart on the SNES which in my
> opinion had much better battle maps.

I never had a SNES. Just a NES. I've never played the original, I like Mario Kart 64, that's great.
Sun 23/11/03 at 22:10
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
> I find the battle maps for the multiplayer quite poor.
>
> Disappointing thing about the game for me because Mario Kart has
> always been about the multiplayer mode for me and the maps let down
> what is a good game.

Hit the nail on the head there Ali.
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
J-42 wrote:

> Have you unlocked Luigi's Mansion?

Yeah, I based my judgement on Mario Kart on the SNES which in my opinion had much better battle maps.
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:48
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Van The Man wrote:
> The best way to settle this is by saying the PS2 probably has the most
> good games,

That is not true, Gamecube has more exclusives and better games. GTA and Metal gear are both exclusive.

although the GameCube has the most exclusives, with the
> likes of Zelda, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and Mario Kart. The
> GameCube does really need the big sellers such as GTA3, Vice City and
> Metal Gear Solid (which we will be seeing soon)

I have no evididence for this, but i'm fairly sure that the GC has more than enough big sellers. Those exclusives you just listed have sold millions.

Actually, I'm not
> too sure. Maybe the GameCube does have the most. Ah well, who cares,
> I have a GameCube and a PS2, so I aint complaining.
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
AliBoy wrote:
> I find the battle maps for the multiplayer quite poor.
>
> Disappointing thing about the game for me because Mario Kart has
> always been about the multiplayer mode for me and the maps let down
> what is a good game.

Have you unlocked Luigi's Mansion?
Sun 23/11/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
The best way to settle this is by saying the PS2 probably has the most good games, although the GameCube has the most exclusives, with the likes of Zelda, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and Mario Kart. The GameCube does really need the big sellers such as GTA3, Vice City and Metal Gear Solid (which we will be seeing soon). Actually, I'm not too sure. Maybe the GameCube does have the most. Ah well, who cares, I have a GameCube and a PS2, so I aint complaining.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.