GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is the best shoot em up game on the n64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 14:50
Regular
I think perfect dark is the best shoot em up.

What do you think are nicer, tic-tacs or smints?
Thu 06/09/01 at 18:39
Regular
"DS..."
perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini are both excellent games in their own right, but you can't really compare the two, yes jet force gemini may be mostly like a third person shooter, but there is a pltform element to it as well, whereas Perfect Dark is a solid 1st person shooter.
But if i had to choose between the two, then yes i would choose Perfect Dark, because i personally prefer 1st person shooters as opposed to 3rd person ones, but thats just my opinion.
slik ~_~
Thu 06/09/01 at 18:37
Regular
"DS..."
perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini are both excellent games in their own right, but you can't really compare the two, yes jet force gemini may be mostly like a third person shooter, but there is a pltform element to it as well, whereas Perfect Dark is a solid 1st person shooter.
But if i had to choose between the two, then yes i would choose Perfect Dark, because i personally prefer 1st person shooters as opposed to 3rd person ones, but thats just my opinion.
slik ~_~
Thu 06/09/01 at 18:30
Regular
"Back For Good"
tiltawhirl i have red faction and it suffers from extremly poor loading times and can be quite tough but i'm quoting from the cybernet team here, they compared it to goldeneye and said it had far better multiplayer and is overall a much better game.

The multiplayer is fantastic fun and you can seriously do some serious damage to the arenas but it's limited to 2 players and 6 computer controlled characters and only has deathmatches. top stuff though but i think agent under fire which the producers had a goal to beat goldeneye and i think the'll do it with flying colours, fast cars, gadgets and emotion engine babes wayhey.
Thu 06/09/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I heard some really annoying news about rareware not making another Jet Foce Gemini. I thought it was a brilliant game. I suppose people couldn't bother trying to master the controlls, which when you get used to work perfectly for the games.
Thu 06/09/01 at 17:13
Regular
You think Jet Force Geminis better than Perfect Dark?
Thu 06/09/01 at 17:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Erm. Perfect Dark.

The best 3-D shooter is Jet Force Gemini.
Thu 06/09/01 at 15:34
Regular
Ö> wrote:
> I was blown away by goldeneye and thought nothing would top it for
> years, I was right but agent under fire, timesplitters, quake 3
> revolution and red faction make goldeneye look and play VERY VERY
> VERY dated. Perfect dark zero has to be something extremly special
> to even try to match the first person shooters on the PS2.

Not wanting to sound anti PS2 here but, Quake 3 is a very old and dated game, compared to Perfect Dark and Goldeneye its just not that good. Timesplitters was made by some of the guys from the Perfect Dark team, im sure that is a good game but it does absoloutly nothing that Perfect Dark dose'nt and also don't quote me on this I may be wrong, but ive heard that the single player is rather cack. Red Faction steals a lot of ideas from Perfect Dark and Half Life so again it really is no massive step forward in FPS. Where as agent under fire i haven't played but its made by the same guys who did TWINE and if thats anything to go by then hmmmmmmmm is all I have to say. I know it sounds very biased because im a Ninty but I still think that Perfect Dark is the best FPS on any console.

The only real contender is Red Faction but ive heard that takes about two days too complete and has a 2 player deathmatch mode. Now compared too Perfect Darks play time, well lets just say I bought it the day it came out, which was over a year ago and im still trying to unlock everything.
Thu 06/09/01 at 15:19
Regular
"Back For Good"
I was blown away by goldeneye and thought nothing would top it for years, I was right but agent under fire, timesplitters, quake 3 revolution and red faction make goldeneye look and play VERY VERY VERY dated. Perfect dark zero has to be something extremly special to even try to match the first person shooters on the PS2.
Thu 06/09/01 at 10:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Perfect Dark definately, i played Goldeneye a few days ago for the first time in ages, and i noticed how slow and really pretty crappy it is.
Thu 06/09/01 at 10:29
Regular
Perfect Dark sucks hmmmmmm
I think your the first person ive heard say that, even most the Playstation owners admit that Perfect Dark is a good game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.