GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is the best shoot em up game on the n64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 14:50
Regular
I think perfect dark is the best shoot em up.

What do you think are nicer, tic-tacs or smints?
Sun 09/09/01 at 12:58
Regular
"DS..."
and theyre grerat fun to kill!
slik ~_~
Sun 09/09/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
The mutli player in PD is just so fun. The computer controller bots bring a whole new level to the gameplay.
Sun 09/09/01 at 12:54
Regular
"DS..."
they are both classics in their own right, but perfect dark just is so much better!
slik~_~
Sun 09/09/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Goldeneye is a classic but as a game Perfect Dark is better.
Sun 09/09/01 at 12:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Who knows? wrote:
> Turok Rage Wars!!!
Turok Rage Wars!!!
Not Perfect Dark, it
> sucks!!!

Ah, you must have played it without an expansion pak?!
Sun 09/09/01 at 08:30
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Not having played that many FPS' on other consoles, I'm going to have to say PDark is the best Shoot'em'up ever. Red Faction comes quite close, followed by Rage Wars, Goldeneye and Unreal Tournament.

Pdark is not that special graphics, sounds or plot wise - in fact it was quite average for the time - what makes it special is that bit more longevity that is always missing in FPS games.

Red Faction - shiny new graphics, sounds and not bad plot, good selection of weapons, but the single player is too short - took me a week - and the multiplayer doesn't leave you wanting to come back to it.

Goldeneye - A very dated game now, yet at the time nothing came close.

Turok Rage Wars: Very fun, not too dated visually, but doesn't last long enough really. Also, it has no 'single player', as in a plot based one. Even the single player is a multiplayer.

Unreal Tournament - This simply has the edge on most PC FPS games because of the huge multiplayer (online) Its just so extensive, and so many people play it, it can never get boring! On your own though? Not so great.

PDark: The plot and visuals are only a little above average. Yet unlocking all the missions and completing it on Perfect will take ages! Also, the extensive multiplayer (correct me if I'm wrong, but does it not have the most options of any FPS multiplayer?) Takes ages to master, and even with the highest marks, you can still come back to it, its that good.

So in my judment, Pdark is the best FPS on the N64, and Red Faction is the best on any other console.

Oh, and mint tic-tacs are best, but I like the lemon smints :)
Sun 09/09/01 at 08:10
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
oh yeah tic tacs mint , but smint are nice too oh damn it , just do what i said below !!!
Sun 09/09/01 at 08:09
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
jet force gemini is actually a pretty good game , it may be different from prefect dark like slik said , but i got it for christmas last year 1999 (i think or was it 2000 , well it was close to when it came out !) and i still play it now , ive got through most of the levels and because i havent played it solidly i still need a few ship parts , which i must say are quite hard to find , also those floyd extra games are pretty hard aswell ! but floyd himself is cool as you can use him as a co-operative player , wich i do with my bro. So in my opinion , perfect dark is cool with all the deadly guns and deathmatches , but jet force gemini has the platform feel (which i like) so to be honest jet force gemini is better but perfect dark has an ace deathmatch and the levels are cool ..... oh ... oh i dont know , someone just shoot me , go on, put me out of my miserie !!! sob soB !
Sat 08/09/01 at 23:58
Regular
"Awwwwooooooo"
goldeneye
Thu 06/09/01 at 18:45
Regular
"DS..."
sorry, did'nt mean to post that twice, it's all bt's fault! they should provide a better service for their customers.
slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.