GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what going on is xbox in trouble or not?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/11/03 at 21:46
Regular
":)))))):"
I always thought that it was doing all right not great in japan but elsewere its doing fine!! Any one know diffrent(not sad gamecube owners).
Thu 20/11/03 at 09:33
Regular
xbox xpert wrote:
> I always thought that it was doing all right not great in japan but
> elsewere its doing fine!! Any one know diffrent(not sad gamecube
> owners).

You're a sad Xbox owner. You don't have an open mind, aren't willing to try new things, and so will only play the familliar.

Whereas I, as a GameCube AND Xbox owner have an open mind, will try new things on both Xbox and GameCube and wont just play another game that plays pretty much like another similar one.

Note: This isn't intended to say that owners of Xboxs and nothing else are sad. This is intended to say that 'xbox xpert' is sad.
Wed 19/11/03 at 22:56
"I love yo... lamp."
For an Xbox expert you don't seem to know very much. But I will answer your question anyway.

Xbox is a flop in Japan. A huge flop. As in weekly sales have been below 500 units in a country that has 125 million people. That is in comparison to 10's of 1000's every week for the PS2 and GBA, and several thousand for the Gamecube.

In the USA, the Xbox is now the second biggest player. By a growing margin.

In Europe it is fairly tight between Xbox and GC.

Worldwide both have sold around 10 million, although I think that the Xbox has the overall edge sales wise. But no reliable figures. However the PS2 has worldwide sales of over 55 million making it the biggest by far.

The Xbox is not in trouble, it is increasing its market share, it is managing now to turn a profit (in comparison to Nintendo who despite great results from the GBA still made a loss this financial year). Live is growing, now boasting over 500,000 players which gives an uptake rate of 5%. For the PS2 online to have that sort of percentage online would require over 2.75 million subscribers. Which it does not have. Gamecube online has around 3 people worldwide, although there is a suspicion that all are actually Hedfix with 3 GCs online.

Games wise things are looking good for the Xbox. Several big hitters are due out soon, i.e. PGR 2, GTA double pack, and Counter Strike. Halo 2 and Half Life 2 are out next Easter.

Basically things are looking great :-)
Wed 19/11/03 at 22:41
Regular
I don't know whethe to laugh or feel sorry for you.
Wed 19/11/03 at 21:46
Regular
":)))))):"
I always thought that it was doing all right not great in japan but elsewere its doing fine!! Any one know diffrent(not sad gamecube owners).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.