GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what going on is xbox in trouble or not?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/11/03 at 21:46
Regular
":)))))):"
I always thought that it was doing all right not great in japan but elsewere its doing fine!! Any one know diffrent(not sad gamecube owners).
Wed 26/11/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Touched!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> PGR 2. The best racer ever.
>
> I'm considering it, but it's hardly at the top of my most wanted
> list. It looks as if they've reduced the fun but increased the
> realism. Bo-ring.

Trust me, PGR2 is amazing, online it's gotta be the most fun game on live at the moment, absolute quality, give it a try, you won't regret it!
Wed 26/11/03 at 19:47
Regular
Damn.

Probably give it a miss then. Will have to settle with Counter Strike.
Tue 25/11/03 at 23:39
Regular
Rainbow Six 3 has a lot of the planning aspects removed, you can only choose your own equipment, although this does influence the rest of your teams choice. that's it really.

the game is very good on single player - but for multiplayer it is a dream come true.
Tue 25/11/03 at 21:37
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> PGR 2. The best racer ever.

I'm considering it, but it's hardly at the top of my most wanted list. It looks as if they've reduced the fun but increased the realism. Bo-ring.

> Counter Strike. The most popular online game ever, not to mention a
> damn fine shooter.

Bit old though, isn't it? Not exactly a brilliant release. I may get it when I get Live some time in the future.

> Rainbow Six 3. The game SOCOM wants to be. Also apparently the mutts
> nuts online.

Admittedly worth considering. What are the tactical elements like? Picking your team and mission plan was all I enjoyed about the original.

> Amped 2. Looks more appealing to me than 1080 Avalanche.

Didn't enjoy the first whatsoever and 1080 Avalanche should fill my snowboarding needs - looks great fun, with good racing and tricks and has received some brilliant reviews.

> KOTOR if you don't have it. Best RPG of the year.

Agreed. But I have it. :D

Anything else? I'm looking for some top-end releases that are really good fun - on GameCube I've got Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart, F-Zero and Rebel Strike recently. What on the Xbox matches that kind of quality?
Tue 25/11/03 at 14:42
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
But it will cost them
> £100's of millions to develop the GC 2.

No it wont!

It may cost a few million for advertisment campaigns and so on, but development cost of the next console wont be anywhere near £1,000,000.

After all, if it did cost that much to mix and match hardware, do you think PC manufacturers would still be in with a job?
Mon 24/11/03 at 23:15
"I love yo... lamp."
£3 billion is not an insignificant amount. But it will cost them £100's of millions to develop the GC 2. I don't want Ninty to go bankrupt, and I don't think they will soon. But it could happen if they don't get their finger out and make some money soon. From the launch of the Saturn to the end of Sega in the hardware market only took 6 or so years.
Mon 24/11/03 at 15:35
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Nintendo have just posted their biggest loss since 1962. The GC is
> haemoraging money. The GBA is the only thing keeping them from
> bankruptcy.

From the reuters source you quoted:

"The videogame veteran [Nintendo], which analysts often criticise as being reluctant to use its huge cash holdings..."

I don't think they're going bankrupt in the foreseeable future.
Sun 23/11/03 at 23:20
"I love yo... lamp."
PGR 2. The best racer ever.
Counter Strike. The most popular online game ever, not to mention a damn fine shooter.
Rainbow Six 3. The game SOCOM wants to be. Also apparently the mutts nuts online.
Amped 2. Looks more appealing to me than 1080 Avalanche.
KOTOR if you don't have it. Best RPG of the year.

What sort of games do you like and want Mav? There is only two areas where the Xbox is weak - platformers and strategy games (which is a null point as all consoles are).
Sun 23/11/03 at 23:17
Regular
Games that are probably too interesting for you.
Sun 23/11/03 at 15:24
Regular
What games are worth getting for Xbox this Christmas, then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.