GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well... it's that time of year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 02:31
Regular
Well, as the nights are starting to close in, and it’s approaching the first Wednesday of September, this can only mean 1 thing for most children in England under the age of 16 (which unfortunately this includes me) .... yes, school is back! But at least I have my memories of this place during summer to take with me on my travels through my final year of school, at least I can say that I have enjoyed this summer and I have enjoyed just being here on this summer. This site has become something special to me and there has been some people who have made this site a special and enjoyable place to visit, so I’d like to take a few minutes, raise my glass (being that I’m under 18, it’s a glass of lemonade but still....) and say thanks to a few people who have made this by far- My most enjoyable summer since the last one

Shocktrooper- You brought me to this site, so if any of you a fed up with me already, you have him to blame for it! ;-) (P.S. Are we walking to school on Wednesday after the traditional game of cricket??)

SnoopDoggyDan, The Dogfather, Ant, GasMask, Ice Blaster, Triple_H, Pro Evo, Beware the Toads and Batistuta- I have enjoyed some of our convos on MSN over the past few weeks, lets not let school get in the way of that!

Wookiee Monster and FantasyMeister- Your antics over the summer holidays have made me laugh so much, I’ve probably caused myself a hernia, but I can only think of 1 word to describe you both- Very funny

pb, Goatboy, RastaBillySkank, Dav1d, Whooo Style!- I have had some interesting convos with you guys on this site, you’re all great blokes!

The WWF forum Regulars- You introduced me and accepted me into your clan, and I thank you for this, you’re all good sports, wherever you win or lose!

MJ Swerve- We may not have seen eye to eye recently, but I still enjoyed our convos on MSN

And finally Tony- Thanks for all the free games you send my way, if anyone deserves the staff notable rank, it's you!

And all that didn’t get a mention- most of you are great people, I just haven‘t spoken to many of you!

So here’s to all of us!

Cheers- Nick ;-)

*Nick swigs his glass of lemonade, attempts to down it in one, but the fizz is too much for him, and spits it out over his P.C monitor*
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:19
The Dogfather wrote:
That was a bit below the belt. I think to say such words was quite unfair on poor old Seifer, and I dont agree with any of the facts. He contributes well to the chat rooms, has won twice this month, and do you win for spamming? Nope you don't. So think before you type, as construcive criticism is allowed, but just slaggin off someone isn't very nice.

Take it easy Father of Dogs, he's entitled to an opinion, he might have been slagging me of but what he said was true! What he said was constructive crititism, I know where I went wrong!

MJ- Why was being banned a breathe of life??
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:20
Regular
"I am your father"
Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh, let's just all shake hands and make up, the human being is the only creature on this planet that has more intelligence then anything else known to man. So why not use that intelligence for the good of man kind. I will.......
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:21
Regular
"<];o)"
Whatever you two say, I am off to do some GAD blagging.
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:32
OK, MJ has had his moan, and by the looks of things has gone off to try and win GAD, don't blame him really!

But this is a room where I am saying thanks to people, so I have done, if MJ wants to be like that, then he can be like that, obviously he hasn't realised that getting banned was a bad thing, and it is not meant to be treated like a breath of life, it's a punishment. Nothing personal mate!
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:40
"possibly impossible"
Well, sorry to hear that you'll get less time on the site during school (If I were still a teacher, I'd make surfing UKGAMES part of the National Curriculum) You're right, of course, it will have a big impact on the way this site looks, with less posts during the day from all but us guys who are lucky enough to be able to post now. Still, there's always the evenings.

If you think school is hard and like a prison, you'll think it's great when you leave and get a job. Having to worry about mortgages, tax and bills is a crap way to live and there is far more pressure on you to satisfy everyone around you. People always look back on their school days and wish they could go back to that simpler life, although while you are there it always seems so hard and there is pressure from teachers and parents for you to do well, not to mention the problems with intergrating with a load of other children and tackling the opposite sex (not literally, although...)

Long holidays and short working days are but a dream for me and many others. 5 Weeks a year I get a chance to leave work and stay at home, affording some semblance of a holiday maybe every few years. But yes, I can always come back to SR for comfort and entertainment.

Well, it may well push my stats up a bit if everyone else is going to post less, but I hope you can all manage to post after school, otherwise it will be a barren wasteland of a site.

Good luck everyone in your next year of school, and remember to make the most of it!
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:51
Regular
"<];o)"
You don't seem to understand Nick. The prupose of that post was NOT to be percieved as moaning. What I wanted to do was just show you exactly why I wasn't happy. It was nothing else.

Being banned is a breath of fresh air in the respect that it teaches you a lesson. Being made a Newbie again, not too brilliant, but it teaches you what it is like to be a Newbie again. It taught me that I shouldn't give the Newbies such a hard time and that having no one respecting you can be hard, I should know I have been one 4 times.

(;o|
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:54
pb wrote:
Well, sorry to hear that you'll get less time on the site during school (If I were still a teacher, I'd make surfing UKGAMES part of the National Curriculum) You're right, of course, it will have a big impact on the way this site looks, with less posts during the day from all but us guys who are lucky enough to be able to post now. Still, there's always the evenings.

Yep! I'll have to rely on the school not giving me much homework and games companies, not releasing many games! You where a teacher.... oh my god!!! The site will just have to cope with a lot of evening posts

If you think school is hard and like a prison, you'll think it's great when you leave and get a job. Having to worry about mortgages, tax and bills is a crap way to live and there is far more pressure on you to satisfy everyone around you. People always look back on their school days and wish they could go back to that simpler life, although while you are there it always seems so hard and there is pressure from teachers and parents for you to do well, not to mention the problems with intergrating with a load of other children and tackling the opposite sex (not literally, although...)

I have enjoyed school (well most of it), school has not been bad to me, and what with it being my final year, I think I'm going to miss the place, but there's always 6th form!

Long holidays and short working days are but a dream for me and many others. 5 Weeks a year I get a chance to leave work and stay at home, affording some semblance of a holiday maybe every few years. But yes, I can always come back to SR for comfort and entertainment.

I wish that when I become an adult that I get a well paid job, with a fair few holidays! Will it happen... we'll find out in 5 years time!

Well, it may well push my stats up a bit if everyone else is going to post less, but I hope you can all manage to post after school, otherwise it will be a barren wasteland of a site.

Nah, this site will always be popular after half 3!
Good luck everyone in your next year of school, and remember to make the most of it!

I do make the most of it, it's just teacher's are always there to bring you down! Thanx, good luck in whatever you are doing..
Mon 03/09/01 at 14:02
MJ§w€®v€ wrote:
You don't seem to understand Nick. The prupose of that post was NOT to be percieved as moaning. What I wanted to do was just show you exactly why I wasn't happy. It was nothing else.

I'm not moaning about that post! I know why you weren't happy!

Being banned is a breath of fresh air in the respect that it teaches you a lesson. Being made a Newbie again, not too brilliant, but it teaches you what it is like to be a Newbie again. It taught me that I shouldn't give the Newbies such a hard time and that having no one respecting you can be hard, I should know I have been one 4 times.

I see what you mean, but being a newbie once has made me realise that I was one of the lucky ones, I don't take the mick out of the newbies, because I was treated with respect, being banned is bad, and I thinik you need to learn that, next time you wont be banned, you just won't win GAD, on your head let it rest.
Mon 03/09/01 at 14:10
Regular
"<];o)"
Are you trying to tell me I can't win GAD Nick? Because if you are it wasn't a very good idea.

(;o|
Mon 03/09/01 at 14:28
"High polygon count"
The Dogfather wrote:
> I maybe a Father of Dogs

Can we legitimately call your girlfriend a 'b***h' then? :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.