GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well... it's that time of year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 02:31
Regular
Well, as the nights are starting to close in, and it’s approaching the first Wednesday of September, this can only mean 1 thing for most children in England under the age of 16 (which unfortunately this includes me) .... yes, school is back! But at least I have my memories of this place during summer to take with me on my travels through my final year of school, at least I can say that I have enjoyed this summer and I have enjoyed just being here on this summer. This site has become something special to me and there has been some people who have made this site a special and enjoyable place to visit, so I’d like to take a few minutes, raise my glass (being that I’m under 18, it’s a glass of lemonade but still....) and say thanks to a few people who have made this by far- My most enjoyable summer since the last one

Shocktrooper- You brought me to this site, so if any of you a fed up with me already, you have him to blame for it! ;-) (P.S. Are we walking to school on Wednesday after the traditional game of cricket??)

SnoopDoggyDan, The Dogfather, Ant, GasMask, Ice Blaster, Triple_H, Pro Evo, Beware the Toads and Batistuta- I have enjoyed some of our convos on MSN over the past few weeks, lets not let school get in the way of that!

Wookiee Monster and FantasyMeister- Your antics over the summer holidays have made me laugh so much, I’ve probably caused myself a hernia, but I can only think of 1 word to describe you both- Very funny

pb, Goatboy, RastaBillySkank, Dav1d, Whooo Style!- I have had some interesting convos with you guys on this site, you’re all great blokes!

The WWF forum Regulars- You introduced me and accepted me into your clan, and I thank you for this, you’re all good sports, wherever you win or lose!

MJ Swerve- We may not have seen eye to eye recently, but I still enjoyed our convos on MSN

And finally Tony- Thanks for all the free games you send my way, if anyone deserves the staff notable rank, it's you!

And all that didn’t get a mention- most of you are great people, I just haven‘t spoken to many of you!

So here’s to all of us!

Cheers- Nick ;-)

*Nick swigs his glass of lemonade, attempts to down it in one, but the fizz is too much for him, and spits it out over his P.C monitor*
Mon 03/09/01 at 02:31
Well, as the nights are starting to close in, and it’s approaching the first Wednesday of September, this can only mean 1 thing for most children in England under the age of 16 (which unfortunately this includes me) .... yes, school is back! But at least I have my memories of this place during summer to take with me on my travels through my final year of school, at least I can say that I have enjoyed this summer and I have enjoyed just being here on this summer. This site has become something special to me and there has been some people who have made this site a special and enjoyable place to visit, so I’d like to take a few minutes, raise my glass (being that I’m under 18, it’s a glass of lemonade but still....) and say thanks to a few people who have made this by far- My most enjoyable summer since the last one

Shocktrooper- You brought me to this site, so if any of you a fed up with me already, you have him to blame for it! ;-) (P.S. Are we walking to school on Wednesday after the traditional game of cricket??)

SnoopDoggyDan, The Dogfather, Ant, GasMask, Ice Blaster, Triple_H, Pro Evo, Beware the Toads and Batistuta- I have enjoyed some of our convos on MSN over the past few weeks, lets not let school get in the way of that!

Wookiee Monster and FantasyMeister- Your antics over the summer holidays have made me laugh so much, I’ve probably caused myself a hernia, but I can only think of 1 word to describe you both- Very funny

pb, Goatboy, RastaBillySkank, Dav1d, Whooo Style!- I have had some interesting convos with you guys on this site, you’re all great blokes!

The WWF forum Regulars- You introduced me and accepted me into your clan, and I thank you for this, you’re all good sports, wherever you win or lose!

MJ Swerve- We may not have seen eye to eye recently, but I still enjoyed our convos on MSN

And finally Tony- Thanks for all the free games you send my way, if anyone deserves the staff notable rank, it's you!

And all that didn’t get a mention- most of you are great people, I just haven‘t spoken to many of you!

So here’s to all of us!

Cheers- Nick ;-)

*Nick swigs his glass of lemonade, attempts to down it in one, but the fizz is too much for him, and spits it out over his P.C monitor*
Mon 03/09/01 at 02:44
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Hm, nicely put, I've enjoyed it here over the Summer too...I haven't been on as much as usual, which is probably a good thing.

I couldn't bring myself to write a post that upbeat just before school starts..Anyway, thanks to everyone, and "enjoy" your next year, those of you who are returning to school.
Mon 03/09/01 at 02:52
I just wish there was a way out of school, our school is similar to a prison, skipping school is not an option, faking illness is not recommended either, especially when your mother is a nurse.... not recommended!

I'm not upbeat about it, it's just, the sooner school finishes, the soooner I'm outta there, the better, just don't mention 6th form!
Mon 03/09/01 at 08:50
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
weve got one day left then its on to year 9 , so we better enjoy it !!
Mon 03/09/01 at 09:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
Cheers Seifer, and I totally agree. People say they want to go back to school as the holidays are boring, but with this place you never get bored.

I go back on Thursday, and I don't think I'll fake ill, since I'm about to start GCSE's. {:)
Mon 03/09/01 at 10:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
Thursday?! Lucky git...

It's been nice having you (Don't go getting any funny ideas) here over the summer, Nick.

I've enjoyed this place all the time but especially the summer.

You won't see AS much of me (School tomorrow) until the half term but I guarantee I'll still be on here every night.

:-D
Mon 03/09/01 at 10:29
Regular
"I am your father"
Nick first of all thanks for mentioning me. I am trully honoured. And secondly I agree, this site has kept me alive through out the boring summer holidays. Where I live to find another human being in a mile radius is quite an acheivement.

I don't come here for the GAD, christ I don't even submit reviews, or write an decent topics, but what I do though is contribute to the place. I live the new idea for GAD, I always thought they should do that. But now the chat rooms will be empty and we will all live a painful life at school. That means now, instead of from the usual 10am-3am day on the internet, and on this site, it will be cut to 4pm-1am. Oh and I'm back did I miss anything?
Mon 03/09/01 at 11:16
"High polygon count"
Seifer wrote:
> Wookiee Monster and FantasyMeister- Your antics over the
> summer holidays have made me laugh so much, I’ve probably caused
> myself a hernia

Aww, shucks - thank you.

> but I can only think of 1 word to describe you
> both- Very funny

Your return to school is probably not before time, though. If you're offered a choice of courses, I suggest you take Basic Maths again, as I'm pretty sure (though I could be wrong...) that "very funny" is in fact TWO words.

You've obviously spent far too much time around Ninty's...

;-)
Mon 03/09/01 at 12:45
Thanx lads!

Indian Dude Y2K- Year 9 was a boring year in our school, the only thing interesting is the Yr9 SATS

Ant- I spent sometime ill during Yr10 because I had a recurring cold, everytime I got rid of it, it kept coming back! Yr 10 ain't bad...you've got the old mocks to look forward to

RastaBillySkank- Thanx for the comment there RBS, I wont make any funny ideas, the humour mode has been disengaged

The Dogfather- Welcome back from your short spell away, you haven't missed much, and I am honoured that you're honoured

Wookiee Monster- Very funny is 1 word, always has been, always will be, I'm in the top set for Maths in my school, I wont get anything wrong like that! I've know got to stay away from half my friends as there Ninty's, the other lot are Microsoft fans, but the one thing they all have in common is that they all own at a PS1 or a PS2
Mon 03/09/01 at 12:54
Regular
"I am your father"
Seifer wrote:

The Dogfather- Welcome back from your short spell
> away, you haven't missed much, and I am honoured that you're
> honoured

No Seifer the Honour is all mine, I am trully honoured that your honoured that I'm honoured. Thanks Seifer for the honour.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.