GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt views.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 21/11/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Manhunt arrived earlier on today so uni work was put to one side to see just how good it was.

First impressions are good, its all dark and eerie and the overall atmosphere is cool.
If you have a headset (from socom etc) then plug it in before you start. You can make noises to attract the hunters and listen to your commands through it.

Looking through the manual there is a whole range of weapons and I think a lot of the story has been kept very secret from the press.

Had to stop to get uni work out the way but I'll play more and review it soon.
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Not far from the end... Rest happens inside that building.
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:36
Regular
"stuck on locked up"
Yep thats the one i kill the snipers and then shitloads of them storm the stairs and rass me up

the mrs is watchin pap idol but ill have a look when i can

how far from the end is it?
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
J-42 wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting it, but i am not 100 %, it's on my christmas
> list.

All depends what kind of games you like.
I like it because it is different is most places from other games, clever AI means it is challenging from start to finish and at times will make you close to smashing the controller around.

But if you overlook all the brutal killings etc there really is a very clever and well polished game beneath it all.
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:23
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I'm thinking of getting it, but i am not 100 %, it's on my christmas list.
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Is border patrol the one where you get captured and then watch the big piggy break free?

If it is then this is the one that had me stuck for a while, firstly need to take out the few guy around and then you should head through a locked gate. Need to take out more guys and there is a building with sniper guys on the roof, you can head far left and take out the guy and then enter the front of the building to take out the snipers, more guys come up after you so take them then go outside and round the right hand side of the building and there are some stairs down, just go down them.
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:18
Regular
"stuck on locked up"
you have finished it? OMG!!!!!!!

IM STUCK IN THE BORDER PATROL I CANT FIND THE DAMN CELLAR ENTRANCE ANYWHERE.. WHERE AM I GOINGWRONG????
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Finally got round to finishing this game, too busy with uni work and other games lately but must admit I did enjoy it.
Once the weapons got into it more I felt it was an enjoyable game and challenging at times as you were up against a lot of people out to kill you.
Wed 26/11/03 at 11:15
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
> I bet it's loads better with the headset. Hearing thay guy right in
> your ear must put you right in the game.
>
> It does get a bit better with the headset, but if there are other
> people watching you, or when your bloody neighbour/friend pops in for
> a chat - starts mouthing etc. then the bad guys hear it. And your
> screwed. It's quite amusing to shout "oi, n*bhead!" or
> simply whistle or do the 'kick kick' thing you do to a dog, and watch
> them flip because they can't find you!

I bet's that's such a laugh, shouting "Oi you w**kers!" and getting a responce from the hunters.

May look into getting socom, should have come down in price now.

>
> I think you do need to play the game "for real" if you get
> my meaning.
>
> Er, your worrying me now! Nah, I know what you mean - it really does
> need brains rather than brawn.
>
> I remember back when the 1st Tomb Raider came out, for me it gave
> the
> feeling of "I don't want to go around the next corner",
> manhunt needs to give you that feeling, if it's to acheave what
> rockstar set out to do i think.
>
> Manhunt certainly does have that effect too. Especially when you
> think the coast is clear, go running for a bit and find 3/4/5 bad
> guys jumping out with a smell for your blood!
>
> I've yet to play it in the dark etc. But even with the lights on, you
> can get into it and be shocked now and again!
>

Play it in complete darkness and complete silence!! adds to the atmosphere greatly.

> Great game. Love it.
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:17
Regular
oasismark wrote:
> I bet it's loads better with the headset. Hearing thay guy right in
> your ear must put you right in the game.

It does get a bit better with the headset, but if there are other people watching you, or when your bloody neighbour/friend pops in for a chat - starts mouthing etc. then the bad guys hear it. And your screwed. It's quite amusing to shout "oi, n*bhead!" or simply whistle or do the 'kick kick' thing you do to a dog, and watch them flip because they can't find you!

> I think you do need to play the game "for real" if you get
> my meaning.

Er, your worrying me now! Nah, I know what you mean - it really does need brains rather than brawn.

> I remember back when the 1st Tomb Raider came out, for me it gave the
> feeling of "I don't want to go around the next corner",
> manhunt needs to give you that feeling, if it's to acheave what
> rockstar set out to do i think.

Manhunt certainly does have that effect too. Especially when you think the coast is clear, go running for a bit and find 3/4/5 bad guys jumping out with a smell for your blood!

I've yet to play it in the dark etc. But even with the lights on, you can get into it and be shocked now and again!

Great game. Love it.
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:07
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Finally played the game last night, i have to say not blown away at first, but it's growing on me.

Just seams abit linier,eg. go here, do this.

Also the controls were hard to grasp, why not stick to Vice City controls, we all are used to them.

The kills are great, but again, there's no skill involved, just sneak up and press one button, i guess the skill is in the sneaking.

I bet it's loads better with the headset. Hearing thay guy right in your ear must put you right in the game.

I think you do need to play the game "for real" if you get my meaning. If you go barging in, and go for a straight stand up fight, it's rubbish. You need to take it REALLY slow round every corner as if you really were gonna get your head smashed in if you go running into areas swinging baseball bats around.

I remember back when the 1st Tomb Raider came out, for me it gave the feeling of "I don't want to go around the next corner", manhunt needs to give you that feeling, if it's to acheave what rockstar set out to do i think.

If your in the right frame of mind, eg. middle of night, dead quiet etc. it can really scare ya, if it's a bright saturday afternoon and your mom's doing the hoovering under your feet, it's gonna be rubbish!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.