GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt views.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 21/11/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Manhunt arrived earlier on today so uni work was put to one side to see just how good it was.

First impressions are good, its all dark and eerie and the overall atmosphere is cool.
If you have a headset (from socom etc) then plug it in before you start. You can make noises to attract the hunters and listen to your commands through it.

Looking through the manual there is a whole range of weapons and I think a lot of the story has been kept very secret from the press.

Had to stop to get uni work out the way but I'll play more and review it soon.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:05
Regular
Just in between half time I will post my views, just got it this morning.

So far a fantastic game, really enjoying it. Some elements remind me of Hitman 2, not much related to Max Payne aside from the Painkillers. Some nice little touches like how Cash lifts the weapons off the parts of his body instead of them appearing in his hand. Also like the controls despite them being slightly tricky if you enter a fight without the lock down button held down.

The executions are truly twisted but it shows how much further video gaming has come along as I remember a litte game (albiet crap) called Thrill Kill which wasn't as sick as the kills in Manhunt. Favourite execution so far has to be the 3rd and final bag execution although takes time to pull off it looks gritty and very nasty.

So far a quality game, loving the weapons and enjoying what the game has on offer.
Sun 23/11/03 at 00:30
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I'm loving it too, I played it solid for like 2 1/2 hours and was up to the bit where you have to get the Gas Can to the crane. So, I turned off PS2 and have deleted my game, only to start again either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I love tryna pull off all the different moves but you cannot execute people with the guns i think ( so far only had the nail gun ). Like someone said earlier, it is annoying not being able to swivel the camera when stationary.

Also, if you didn't know you could, you can smash the enemies heads off with the bat when they're dead on the floor. just stand over them and press X a few times.
Sun 23/11/03 at 01:49
Regular
Ahh right, cheers. I wasn't sure how to get their heads off as the 3rd baseball bat execution smashes their whole head off onto the nearest wall. I know you can throw them to create distractions but wasn't sure how to actually get their heads off.
Sun 23/11/03 at 08:35
Regular
I have to wait until December 28th to get this (My B'Day). Its sounds pretty impressive, i think that rockstar have taken ideas from State of Emergency and turned them into an eerie game. How exactly can you use the headset?
Sun 23/11/03 at 11:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just left Manhunt for this weekend until I read a bit more about it, sound pretty good but I'm not planning on getting anymore games for a little while yet. I've got way too many to try and get through as it is.
Sun 23/11/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Quazi wrote:
How exactly can you use the headset?

You can make noises to attract the hunters to your location. Also you recive orders from the main guy through it.

Not really worth getting if you don't already have one.
Sun 23/11/03 at 13:29
Regular
It's ok I guess, personally I think Ratchet and Clank 2 is better.
Hopefully Manhunt will pick up later on in the game...
Sun 23/11/03 at 13:31
Regular
That looks like the only PS2 game i want for christmas, the releases look dissapointing this year.
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:04
Regular
Do you have to use Analouge to play it?
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Moe wrote:
> Do you have to use Analouge to play it?

Yeah

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.