GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt views.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Fri 21/11/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Manhunt arrived earlier on today so uni work was put to one side to see just how good it was.

First impressions are good, its all dark and eerie and the overall atmosphere is cool.
If you have a headset (from socom etc) then plug it in before you start. You can make noises to attract the hunters and listen to your commands through it.

Looking through the manual there is a whole range of weapons and I think a lot of the story has been kept very secret from the press.

Had to stop to get uni work out the way but I'll play more and review it soon.
Fri 21/11/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Manhunt arrived earlier on today so uni work was put to one side to see just how good it was.

First impressions are good, its all dark and eerie and the overall atmosphere is cool.
If you have a headset (from socom etc) then plug it in before you start. You can make noises to attract the hunters and listen to your commands through it.

Looking through the manual there is a whole range of weapons and I think a lot of the story has been kept very secret from the press.

Had to stop to get uni work out the way but I'll play more and review it soon.
Fri 21/11/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
sounds good.....
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:04
Regular
Oh my God, now you're making me want to buy Socom just so I can have the headset.

Three games = Extreme
Four games and a head set....INSANE!!!

*Bangs head on the table*

Ow

Ow

Ow

Ow

Ow

Ow
Fri 21/11/03 at 15:02
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Come back and tell us about some of the sadistic kills you've made.
Fri 21/11/03 at 15:18
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Put a quick review up.

As for the kills well....

First one you make you put a plastic bag over the guys head, sick but it looks nice in the game.

Next you use a shard of glass to cut the guys throat.

If they see you though they chase you and it turns into a hand to hand fight so you can stab them with the glass etc as they try to beat you. Isn't fun though when there are a few of them after you at once as they beat you down pretty quick.

But the manual has all the weapons in it and they look fun to roam around with.
You can get

wire
Glass shard
Plastic bag
Metal Bat
Wooden Bat
Night Stick
Knife
Sickle
Meat cleaver
hand axe
Machete
Hammer
Chainsaw
revolver
Avenger force .50 AE
GS model 23
Pump action shotgun
sawn off shotgun
Submachine gun
sniper rifle
M16
tranquilizer rifle
nail gun
Fri 21/11/03 at 15:33
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Aliboy, Synae review going up now :).

Thanks mate.
Fri 21/11/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thanks for that - Sounds awesome! My copy was sent out earlier so fingers crossed I shall have it tomorrow
Fri 21/11/03 at 16:59
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Don't tell us what too much of what happens mate, now we know what's gonna happen for 1st 2 kills, your spoiling it.
Fri 21/11/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Don't worry I havn't spoiled much at all.
Sat 22/11/03 at 04:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
hmmm i think this game is alright/great...
some minor niggles that annoy me....i wish you could swivel the camera around cash when stationary...instead of going into first person mode.
ai is slightly predictable i think...and i don't like the aiming/gunplay (but then i didn't like it in gta series either though the sensitivity for aiming the guns is far better in this game).
i've got to about lvl 5...i'll see what i think of it after having played it more

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.