GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True Crime:Streets Of LA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yup, it arrived yesterday. Its brill.

Get it, everyone :o)

Feel free to ask any questions about it!
Sat 22/11/03 at 18:28
Regular
Time-Warp hits the nail on the head apart from the fighting sections. I was fighting one of the regenerative random police missions and as I was fighting the hannibal we both disappeared into a wall and then after a few screen flickers I was back on the streets about 3 blocks away shooting someone. I can't even tell you how it happened but it was a massive bug (one of many to appear in the game). The auto lock-on funciton sucks ass as well, even more so than what it did in GTA3.
Sat 22/11/03 at 18:25
Regular
Its the worst game I have had the displeasure of playing this year. The gun sections are reasonably enjoyable but everything else looks and plays dire. I enjoy playing the GTA series in and amongst other games but this isn't anywhere near the quality of those games.
Sat 22/11/03 at 18:21
Regular
Think i'll give it a miss somehow...
Sat 22/11/03 at 17:34
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I got it too. It's ok. The city is pretty boring, the game is very linear and its VERY glitchy. However, the fighting, shooting and driving manouevers are so varied and a lot of fun to pull off. Fighting has some cool kung fu and throwing moves. Shooting can get extra cool when it goes into (almost) bullet time and you shoot a cars gas tank. And you can belt along at 100mph in your car and suddenly flip around 90 degrees and carry on driving, which is perfect for a car chase.

But it just not filled to the brim like the GTA games. There arent as many secrets, theres no amusing sub missions or extra things like being a pizza boy (lol) and it just feels like a basic, mission following game.

I would be disappointed if I'd bought it, but GAD paid for this one, so its all good.
Sat 22/11/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Whatever!"
I didnt think much of the demo to be honest but Im still willing to give it a try - Will rent it out soon as I can! After reading several reviews it doesnt seem to bad after all
Sat 22/11/03 at 17:18
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I also got it yesterday (day of release) and its awesome !!
Sat 22/11/03 at 17:02
Regular
Hmm.

Mixed opinions then.
I wanted it to be another gta, because the simpsons really wasn't and the duckbox didn't work for me to play gta with a cube pad.

Oh well. Might rent it or something.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:57
Regular
GasMask wrote:
> Lol well rent it or buy it!
>
> The city, I have explored about 10% of it I think within like.. 6-7
> hours?
>
> Be back on later, leave your questions for me :o)

Ok, but what are the graphics like?
Is there a radio?
Is there police that try and kill you?
Can you steal any car?
Are there any planes etc?
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Lol well rent it or buy it!

The city, I have explored about 10% of it I think within like.. 6-7 hours?

Be back on later, leave your questions for me :o)
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
I was thinking of getting this, but all i have read about it is bad. I am going to rent it and then buy it if i like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.