GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LORD OF THE RINGS .v. HARRY POTTER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/08/01 at 15:58
Regular
Is everyone ready for this coming battle? I know they are not being released together, but they will undoubtably be compared against one another when they do arrive. Does anyone have an opinion now?

Also, can we stem the tide of merchandising which is about to engulf us linked to these films???
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:42
Regular
Tarrant - Have you read LOTR, because you're quick to condemn it.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:27
David Jacobs wrote:
> I hate Harry Potter.

Thanks for that info! I'm sure it will prove invaluable over the coming months.

Just one question, is it really worth hating an entirely fictional character whom, if I may say, you probably don't know a thing about?

Try reading one of the books! If you don't enjoy it, thats fair enough. I will think no-less of you (believe me).
Tue 11/09/01 at 18:59
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I hate Harry Potter.
Mon 10/09/01 at 20:34
Regular
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Opps, also neglects the fact that there isn't a cats chance in hell
> that Harry Potter will have been forgotten in thirty years, as you
> imply.

No chance? No chance at all? Ah well, here's hoping :)
Mon 10/09/01 at 20:15
SmokedKipper wrote:
which one do you think will be remembered
> in 30 years time?

The merchandising potential behind Harry Potter, and the prospect of up to seven sequels (J.K. Rowling wrote seven books didn't she?) outweighs that of LOTR, where there are only another two films in the pipeline, and is not such a commercially floggable commodity (LOTR lunchboxes won't be of such high demand as Potter ones for example).
Mon 10/09/01 at 20:11
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Opps, also neglects the fact that there isn't a cats chance in hell that Harry Potter will have been forgotten in thirty years, as you imply.
Mon 10/09/01 at 20:09
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
SmokedKipper wrote:
Comparing Harry Potter to The Lord
> of the Rings is a bit like comparing Monty Python to The Fast Show.
> Both good comedies in their own right but, whether you like the
> older of the two or not, which one do you think will be remembered
> in 30 years time?

Dangerous thing to say. Due to LOTR's accessibility issues, the film will replace reading the book. Harry Potter is mauch easier for young'uns to pick up and read so won't supper the same problems.
Sat 08/09/01 at 21:24
Regular
isn't there a month in between the releases?
harry potter - november 16th
lord of the rings - december the something (i know it's early in december)
Fri 07/09/01 at 22:24
Regular
LOTR is being directed by Peter Jackson, if anyones interested. He hasn't done much of any repute. Before this, that is.
Fri 07/09/01 at 21:51
Regular
misterhappy wrote:
> Do we know who's directed either film? Often the choice of director
> can have a profound effect on how the end product looks and is
> received. I guess that's why the pay the guys so much.

i think Harry Potter is being directed by Chris Columbus, the guy who directed Home Alone movies. No idea bout LOTR, but will find out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.