GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's happened to The No:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/08/01 at 03:08
Regular
Ladies, gentlemen, mammals, insects and fish, I have some sad news to deliver. One of our most respected members has left our midst.

Joby has left the building.

Joby, or er-no to those that don’t know him, felt he wanted to leave the forums because of comments from certain people he thought were his friends. Some people will know what these are, but I’m certainly not going to tell you. It’s not my place to drag up old issues, but those who said it know who they are. What’s said was said.

Now, admittedly I don’t know much about er-no, because I’ve only really been here 3 months. What I can say about him though is this: er-no is a really great guy, smart, funny and always there to lend a helping ear. He hasn’t been posting much lately, despite being voted 6th Notable, but when he does it’s always funny and worth reading. Even in the old days, when he was an annoying little get, everyone still loved him for what he was. He was The No.. er-no has become a bit of a friend to all of us, and is not scared to share some personal information, as anyone who has read his “My Way Out” post will know. He is a true regular, very much a part of SR. We’ll all be very sad to see him go. Many will try to persuade him to stay, but he seems committed.

Anyway, the er-no you know is no more. He has stopped posting on SR, despite what anyone says. I have been talking to him on MSN over the past week, and this is his final decision.

Goodbye er-no, we will all miss you. Come back soon.

TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUMS:

Please leave goodbyes for er-no, as he would like to read what you have to say. These can be personal, serious, funny or pleading, but er-no really is leaving so please, have some respect.

TO TONY: er-no has requested that you please don't remove his status as Notable. He says he will return one day, but only after a period away from SR.

LIGHTER NOTE: And when he returns, THE FORUM WILL KNOW ABOUT IT!
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So you are offended by me saying you were a top bloke?

And I'm trying to be polite with my comments to you, however it doesn't appear to be working.

Why the hell would you want to write a thing about people commiting suicide because they bought a bloody console?

Are you that goddamn insensitive that you would trivialise something like that for a pointless joky topic?
And you want someone to email you with suicidal thoughts?

You bloody fool.
You utter, contemptous child.

Tell you what, I'll email you the letter my friend left when his brother found him, after blowing his face off with a shotgun almost 3 years ago this Saturday.

You want to read that? It ain't pretty you punk.
Grow up, get some clue about serious issues and don't trivialise something like suicide with a poxy attempt at humour.

You make me sick
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:17
Read the whole topic Goatboy, you might understand more about what I have been drivveling on about for the last hour or so

*When I said take back, I wrote down what you wrote in the Copularity Pontest, you put down Top Bolke against my name, I was giving you the chance to take back that remark and place another one*
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My chance to take back what?

This is confusing.
Why would you want to write a story about people committing suicide because they bought a console?
And why would you want people to email you with suicidal thoughts?
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:12
SHEEPY wrote:
> Seifer didn't understand that before

Was replying to er-no thing or whatever

Ah well
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:11
Gronti_v wrote:
Kent: "And that little kitty played with the ball of string all night. And on a lighter note..."

That was a good one.

er.......Have I missed something here!?
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Seifer didn't understand that before

Was replying to er-no thing or whatever
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:10
Kent: "And that little kitty played with the ball of string all night. And on a lighter note..."

That was a good one.
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:08
Goatboy, here is your chance to take back what you wrote about me in the Copularity Pontest thingy! *CHANCE*
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:07
That sums it up well Goatboy!

*Yes I am disturbed*
Wed 29/08/01 at 15:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Okaaaay.

I'm probably just not understanding this very well.
You were going to do an article about people killing themselves because they bought an X-Box?

And you want people to write to you with suicidal thoughts so you can use those for this story?

(not being sarcastic, honestly trying to work this out)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.