GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's happened to The No:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/08/01 at 03:08
Regular
Ladies, gentlemen, mammals, insects and fish, I have some sad news to deliver. One of our most respected members has left our midst.

Joby has left the building.

Joby, or er-no to those that don’t know him, felt he wanted to leave the forums because of comments from certain people he thought were his friends. Some people will know what these are, but I’m certainly not going to tell you. It’s not my place to drag up old issues, but those who said it know who they are. What’s said was said.

Now, admittedly I don’t know much about er-no, because I’ve only really been here 3 months. What I can say about him though is this: er-no is a really great guy, smart, funny and always there to lend a helping ear. He hasn’t been posting much lately, despite being voted 6th Notable, but when he does it’s always funny and worth reading. Even in the old days, when he was an annoying little get, everyone still loved him for what he was. He was The No.. er-no has become a bit of a friend to all of us, and is not scared to share some personal information, as anyone who has read his “My Way Out” post will know. He is a true regular, very much a part of SR. We’ll all be very sad to see him go. Many will try to persuade him to stay, but he seems committed.

Anyway, the er-no you know is no more. He has stopped posting on SR, despite what anyone says. I have been talking to him on MSN over the past week, and this is his final decision.

Goodbye er-no, we will all miss you. Come back soon.

TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUMS:

Please leave goodbyes for er-no, as he would like to read what you have to say. These can be personal, serious, funny or pleading, but er-no really is leaving so please, have some respect.

TO TONY: er-no has requested that you please don't remove his status as Notable. He says he will return one day, but only after a period away from SR.

LIGHTER NOTE: And when he returns, THE FORUM WILL KNOW ABOUT IT!
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:42
Maybe er-no needs time to find his true inner self, and then come back to become the world's 2nd greatest poster, after.......erm......;-)
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:40
Lol @ Wookiee!

Us Northeners ain't as bad as you think! (But then we probably ain't as good as what you think either! Just take this for an example, Granny Bashings, Five finger discount etc.)

The price of youth= You can't fiddle with the e-mail system, because your dad paid too much money for the P.C and doesn't want to get his e-mail's mixed up with mine, that's why he let me get my Hotmail address, so all of my e-mails come to me, but I don't get that many!?

BTW, my hotmail address is [email protected] incase you have the urge to commit suicide!

:-)

P.S I'm going to brag one last time, but I've won GAD twice in my life, and both this month! I've finished bragging now, you can remove the blindfold!
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:39
"possibly impossible"
I don't believe er-no has given up on this site, because I don't want to believe it. Er-no helps to make this site great and I want to think that he'll be back soon and answer all his critics with an excellent post. I'll be behind him all the way, as I imagine will be a lot of people here.

So, to er-no, my message is:

Please come back, you are needed!
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So er-no has "A Wookie behind him" and "scousers taste funny"

I always suspected...this just confirms it.
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:34
"High polygon count"
Seifer wrote:
> And you would know this!? How would you know that?? You
> been eating half of the northen population of England??

Yup. And they come looking and smelling better than when they went in! ;-p

> On a different note, I won GAD, and am about to claim it,

Oh, any excuse to brag about it...

> but it says that I should use the e-mail
> address I used for registering, since then I have changed the e-mail

The Hotmail one should be fine, if you've changed it in your details.

I use MS Outlook and send mail through NTL's servers, but I receive most mail at my domain. I've simply set Outlook to use my domain's e-mail in the headers, but use NTL's servers to send the messages. Works a treat. :-)
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:22
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Seifer wrote:
> And don't eat me Wookiee, I'm just a little
> kid!!!

You're safe. Scouser's taste funny.

And you would know this!? How would you know that?? You been eating half of the northen population of England??

:-S

On a different note, I won GAD, and am about to claim it, but it says that I should use the e-mail address I used for registering, since then I have changed the e-mail address on the 'Edit my Details' to my hotmail address from my dad's NTL address, so er.... which address should I send the e-mail from, my hotmail one or the NTL one?
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:18
Well I would say the forums are a sum of their parts, rather than a child of some sort. Still, the forums are greater than the sum of their parts I suppose, so perhaps it is an apt analogy.
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:18
"High polygon count"
Seifer wrote:
> And don't eat me Wookiee, I'm just a little kid!!!

You're safe. Scouser's taste funny.
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:17
*Seifer turns and sees a Wookiee right behind him, he screams in his best high pitched girly voice*

I can't complain about the notables writing skills, they all have the different qualities, and don't ask me to type out what they are!

And don't eat me Wookiee, I'm just a little kid!!!

:-)
Wed 29/08/01 at 14:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Personally I get severe shaking and shivering symptoms if I don't post here at least once a day. Can er-no survive without trying for a GAD, or a FAD? Can he resist not responding to a blatant 'Gamecube is rubbish' comment? Will he be able to resist not having a poke at the X-Box and his beloved Microsoft?

I think the real reason for er-no not posting is because he's running Windows on his Mac, which would explain why he's so irritable recently :-).

I won't say goodbye because I know he'll be back. The forums are his baby as much as anyone elses and he'll pop by to look after it I'm sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.