GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Standing up for Smokers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/08/01 at 01:05
Regular
Another attack on smokers has been raised.

Well, once more here I stand to stub my beautiful tube of pleasure out in your proverbial dinner.

Geez, smokers are treated like child-molesters now aren't we?
America, certain states you are forbidden to smoke anywhere outside or in public buildings.
YET, you can buy guns and beer in the same store. Now there's a healthy mix of hobbies eh?

I smoke. I enjoy it. It gives me a lot of pleasure. The 1st one in the morning, after a nice meal, sitting in the garden in the summer evenings with friends.
One question to all the health-nazis out there:

Why don't you ever have the balls to complain to our faces?
It's always when that person has left the room or you're a safe distance away that you start to wave your hand and go on and on and on in the whiny little voice "It's the secondary smoke. I don't want to die for their habit"

Fair enough.
Stop driving your car, stop drinking, stop using your mobile phones and stop burning fossil fuels, because you know what? Those things can all kill me and I have no say in that.
But nooooooo, let's all point our fingers at the nasty smoker across the room.
In an age where traffic pollution is causing record numbers of asthma cases, where over-demand is wiping our seas of all the fish, where intensive farming methods means outbreaks of diseases that we haven't seen in decades, we should all just moan about me having a fag.

Except I don't care.
And you know why? Because me having this one fag (I'm smoking right now..mmmm..taste that cool Laramie goodness) is not going to kill you.
It's not. No more than you eating that beef or crossing that road.

So grow up, mind your own business and stop telling me what I should or shouldn't do ok?
Ok

Let's all act like adults, worry about our own lives and try to make as much money as we can before we die from that inconsiderate person lighting up 30ft away.
The sun will burn through our ozone layer before you catch cancer from my smoking.
And they'll have a cure for it by then anyway, so relax and enjoy your hair.

I'm not doing any damage to you whatsoever, you're far more likely to catch a disease from the carcinagens in the air from traffic and CFCs and all that other stuff.
So, stop forcing your morals and interests onto my life, I didn't ask for it, I don't want it and I sure as hell don't appreciate it.

I'll smoke, I'll get the tumours and I'll die.
That's fine with me, so leave me be to enjoy my final, hacking and weezing days in peace and quiet.
Tue 28/08/01 at 01:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Another attack on smokers has been raised.

Well, once more here I stand to stub my beautiful tube of pleasure out in your proverbial dinner.

Geez, smokers are treated like child-molesters now aren't we?
America, certain states you are forbidden to smoke anywhere outside or in public buildings.
YET, you can buy guns and beer in the same store. Now there's a healthy mix of hobbies eh?

I smoke. I enjoy it. It gives me a lot of pleasure. The 1st one in the morning, after a nice meal, sitting in the garden in the summer evenings with friends.
One question to all the health-nazis out there:

Why don't you ever have the balls to complain to our faces?
It's always when that person has left the room or you're a safe distance away that you start to wave your hand and go on and on and on in the whiny little voice "It's the secondary smoke. I don't want to die for their habit"

Fair enough.
Stop driving your car, stop drinking, stop using your mobile phones and stop burning fossil fuels, because you know what? Those things can all kill me and I have no say in that.
But nooooooo, let's all point our fingers at the nasty smoker across the room.
In an age where traffic pollution is causing record numbers of asthma cases, where over-demand is wiping our seas of all the fish, where intensive farming methods means outbreaks of diseases that we haven't seen in decades, we should all just moan about me having a fag.

Except I don't care.
And you know why? Because me having this one fag (I'm smoking right now..mmmm..taste that cool Laramie goodness) is not going to kill you.
It's not. No more than you eating that beef or crossing that road.

So grow up, mind your own business and stop telling me what I should or shouldn't do ok?
Ok

Let's all act like adults, worry about our own lives and try to make as much money as we can before we die from that inconsiderate person lighting up 30ft away.
The sun will burn through our ozone layer before you catch cancer from my smoking.
And they'll have a cure for it by then anyway, so relax and enjoy your hair.

I'm not doing any damage to you whatsoever, you're far more likely to catch a disease from the carcinagens in the air from traffic and CFCs and all that other stuff.
So, stop forcing your morals and interests onto my life, I didn't ask for it, I don't want it and I sure as hell don't appreciate it.

I'll smoke, I'll get the tumours and I'll die.
That's fine with me, so leave me be to enjoy my final, hacking and weezing days in peace and quiet.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:14
Ironically your short sightedness has seaped to new bounds, as you clearly do not understand Icefire's post, I doubt you even read it. You think it was an attack on smokers. Go back and read it.

I am getting sick and tired of reading how you enjoy your precious fag, how you endorse it's silky rewarding flavour, it's getting tedious and repetitive.

Drop the act Goatboy - I doubt ICEFIRE cares about this post you've written, grow up and stop trying to redeem something that does not need to be redeemed.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:17
"fine with me, so leave me be to enjoy my final, hacking and weezing days in peace and quiet"

King of irony.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Icefire?

I wasn't referring to his/her post at all.
I've just sat and watched some programme on digital with a load of smokers/non smokers arguing.

Nice to see you Dan, where you been? haven't seen you about lately.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> "fine with me, so leave me be to enjoy my final, hacking and
> weezing days in peace and quiet"

King of irony.

I'm gobby but ultimately aware of my mortality being nearer due to my addiction.
Just thought I'd slam that on the end so people realised I was being not entirely serious with the post.

Didn't quite work though it would appear...
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:21
"Nice to see you Dan"

Except you can't, but we can see you...

Mwahahaha...

I have been realising that there's no point wasting so much time on these forums.

Had enough of playing games. PlayStation 2 = furniture. GT3 = shelve space taker.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:24
"Didn't quite work though it would appear..."

You're not unique in your enjoyment of smoking, and we've this conversation too many times already.

You smoke. You choose to pump loads of cash into the government - you die so that I can live a better life. Thanks.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dan2K1 wrote:
You smoke. You choose to pump loads of
> cash into the government - you die so that I can live a better life.
> Thanks.

No worries!

I have missed your many, many words though. And our little spats with me goading you into going mental.

Go on, post a long one. For old time's sakes, just one of your patent "Dan's many words" topics.

No sarcasm, I want to see another one of your momentous postings.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:31
You might, but no one else does. I know this may seem selfish, but I haven't won a game for ages, after posting around 30 1000word + topics in the least couple of months to no acclaim, I stand down as a topic writer. Gaming is pah, Music rocks. I'm learning the guitar you see.

Just for you I will totally rip the talent out of the Spice Girls.

For they have none.

Done, the end.

No seriously, I'll do a post soon.
Tue 28/08/01 at 02:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Learning the guitar?

Good on ya!
I'm not taking the pee, I'm seriously happy for you.
Stick at it Dan, it may seem hard and unrewarding, but you'll love it when you can do it.

I tried the guitar and it just wasn't me.
Hit the drums and that is me. Took me an age to get anywhere near proficient at it, but ain't nothing like that feeling when you've played your heart out.

Well done mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.