GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I get a PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/12/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
For christmas my mum is giving me £200 and I was thinking of buying a silver PS2.

Should I or not?
Sat 20/12/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
For christmas my mum is giving me £200 and I was thinking of buying a silver PS2.

Should I or not?
Sat 20/12/03 at 14:56
Regular
"The Red Shift"
mmm. yes and no. 100 on a regular ps2 and 100 on xbox or other stuff.
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
I already have an xbox
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
100 on regular, 100 on general stuff
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:03
"period drama"
I'd pick GC over PS2 anyday.
But you won't be dissapointed with a PS2 - there's been somewhat of a boom of fantastic games since about August (making up for the very lame spell in the spring)
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yes, simple answer :)
Sat 20/12/03 at 16:49
"High polygon count"
Scottish_Bloke wrote:
> I already have an xbox

Me too. And a GC.

I'd sell you both, but you'd have to prise my PS2 from my cold, dead fingers!

They all have their merits, but I'd give up the others (if I had to) well ahead of my PS2.

Of course, that's just my preference.

That said, I know I'm getting games for Xmas, and they are all on either PC or XBOX. Only because I bought all the PS2 games I wanted for myself, though.

As for which colour... the silver ones look very nice, but... you can't beat the classic black! :-)
Sat 20/12/03 at 18:13
I have the Satin Silver model and theres no real difference except for the noise, damn quiet! :) However, I found it loads much quicker than my old PS2, one of the first models that Im pretty sure is dying, so the loading time probably ain't no different...

The controllers are cool in silver but like Clazon said below, spend £100 on a regular one and spend the rest of the money on games, extras and stuff.
Sat 20/12/03 at 19:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No*

*WARNING: May be biased.
Sat 20/12/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Scottish_Bloke wrote:
> For christmas my mum is giving me £200 and I was thinking of
> buying a silver PS2.
>
> Should I or not?

No.

Do you have a GC?
They're far superior to the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.