GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony steal Nintendo ideas.........again"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
"SPOnG is reporting some interesting information this morning about Sony's plans for their PlayStation 3 controller dubbed the "DualShock 3. The following is a list of features that the DualShock 3 will have according to SPOnG's insider sources:

Will be Wireless.

Either 1 or 2 "triggers" in place of the standard shoulder buttons. If single trigger it will be on the right-hand side of the controller.

Digital Pad and Action buttons will be pressure sensitive.

So there you have it -- once again Nintendo is having their ideas copied by Sony, which is completely expected due to the amazing success and functionality of the Wavebird controller."

From nintendojo.com

Can't they think of anything themselves?
No?
Thought not.
Tue 23/12/03 at 22:23
Regular
"8==="
*Konga

Grargh!
Tue 23/12/03 at 23:30
"period drama"
Wireless is hardly new stuff.
Witch-hunt, by any chance?
Tue 23/12/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
It doesn't really matter who thought of what, if Nintendo hadn't of thought of a platformer, some else would.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:15
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Dual shock is by far my favourite pad... The Gamecube is comfy to hold but switching between the buttons is sore on the thumbs. Dreamcast caused severe pain in frantic games like Crazy Taxi or Bangai-o. Never used the X-box but it looks a lot like the Dreamcast pad.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, `Gaming´ is a big business, these days. And in the business world - and especially in the Gaming one - there is very little room for new ideas and innovations, anymore; which is why we see so-many good-ideas "stolen" from its creators; because of the competition between rival companies (ie. Nintendo and SONY).

And they've got the money and popularity, so, they'll get away with it. :P
Wed 24/12/03 at 12:51
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
J-42 wrote:
> if Nintendo hadn't of
> thought of a platformer, some else would.

Don't even open the "Nintendo invented the platformer" can of worms... another dubious claim that seems to have become true through repitition. Granted, has a lot more merit in it than any of that Sony/stealing/controller nonsense.
Wed 24/12/03 at 12:53
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Nintendo come up with the D-pad?
Wed 24/12/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Nintendo DID invent the platformer genre. It's a fact.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> And how are Sony's pads uncomfortable? I think they are the best
> ones, with Xbox controller S coming second. The original Gamecube
> controllers feel like dummies. The wavebird is better - it has some
> weight to it.

You playing games in reverse or something?

:-D
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
TGMbloke wrote:

> SEGA invented the wireless on the Saturn I belive

play-asia have wireless ones for the SNES but not sure if they came out back in the early nineties or are a recent addition.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.