GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony steal Nintendo ideas.........again"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
"SPOnG is reporting some interesting information this morning about Sony's plans for their PlayStation 3 controller dubbed the "DualShock 3. The following is a list of features that the DualShock 3 will have according to SPOnG's insider sources:

Will be Wireless.

Either 1 or 2 "triggers" in place of the standard shoulder buttons. If single trigger it will be on the right-hand side of the controller.

Digital Pad and Action buttons will be pressure sensitive.

So there you have it -- once again Nintendo is having their ideas copied by Sony, which is completely expected due to the amazing success and functionality of the Wavebird controller."

From nintendojo.com

Can't they think of anything themselves?
No?
Thought not.
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
"SPOnG is reporting some interesting information this morning about Sony's plans for their PlayStation 3 controller dubbed the "DualShock 3. The following is a list of features that the DualShock 3 will have according to SPOnG's insider sources:

Will be Wireless.

Either 1 or 2 "triggers" in place of the standard shoulder buttons. If single trigger it will be on the right-hand side of the controller.

Digital Pad and Action buttons will be pressure sensitive.

So there you have it -- once again Nintendo is having their ideas copied by Sony, which is completely expected due to the amazing success and functionality of the Wavebird controller."

From nintendojo.com

Can't they think of anything themselves?
No?
Thought not.
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:49
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Well yes, they thought of the Eye Toy.
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
.....shut up......
Tue 23/12/03 at 15:39
"I love yo... lamp."
There was a third party wireless saturn controller.

Wireless isn't new, it is just that nintendo have managed to make a decent, radio based controller as opposed to a poorer infra red version. It wasn't Nintendo's idea.
Tue 23/12/03 at 15:45
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Certainly nothing new, I remember having 2 Wireless controllers for my SNES and that was 10 years ago!
Tue 23/12/03 at 15:52
Regular
However they make the PS3 controller, it still won't be comfortable

I promise yer...
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:06
Regular
Nintendo controllers ALWAYS seem to be the most comfortble, but i thought that the MegaDrive was comfortable, but then i played on a SNES and they seemed to be very more comfoprtable, except the square edges!
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:41
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Syphonical wrote:

> Will be Wireless.

What? Like a million and one IR pads that have been about for over a decade? Simply updating them by using the latest wireless technology isn't any sort of innovation.

> Either 1 or 2 "triggers" in place of the standard shoulder
> buttons. If single trigger it will be on the right-hand side of the
> controller.

What? Like on the Dreamcast?

> Digital Pad and Action buttons will be pressure sensitive.

What? Like on any analogue control pad? Only 20 plus year old technology there.
Tue 23/12/03 at 17:36
Regular
Don't think any of those 'ideas' are Nintendo's.

Wireless controllers have been out for yonks, the PS2 pad is pressure sensitive all over, except the start/select buttons, Nintendo weren't the first to do triggers.

I know it's been said below but I wanted to say it too.

And how are Sony's pads uncomfortable? I think they are the best ones, with Xbox controller S coming second. The original Gamecube controllers feel like dummies. The wavebird is better - it has some weight to it.
Tue 23/12/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
A blatant fan boy post, noticed it straight away after his first reply.

Nintendo didn't come up with the idea so nothing stolen by Sony there.

Also on the controller issue I think the Sony one is the most ergonmically designed pads, fits my hands perfect. Gamecube one is good too but I find it a bit fidly but I guess that could be down to not using it as much as the PS2 one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.