GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Forum's World Longest Thread Attempt"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/02/07 at 08:35
Regular
"8==="
Somewhere to mention and comment on the small bits of news that don't require an entire thread to themselves.
Tue 10/04/07 at 23:13
Regular
"8==="
There's not enough replies to each of these topics to warrant them getting individual topics in my opinion.

I put them in here to see if a few people want to talk about them when I don't think it's worth making a whole thread about the topic.
Tue 10/04/07 at 18:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Alfonse wrote:
> Should've just called it the 360 thread.

Agreed. There's a lot of stuff here that should be in the main forum. I remember when the old PS2 Longest Thread started to become the only used thread in the old PS2 forums, which killed off individual topics because nobody wanted to wade through 40 pages of chat to find something interesting to reply to.

Therefore I propose that this potential forum-killing thread is locked. Then if someone wants to blab about something they can either create a topic for it here (if it's gaming) or post it in General (if it isn't), or post it in the already existing World's Longest Thread (whereever that may be).
Tue 10/04/07 at 11:48
Regular
Shouldn't you be humping a Big Daddy?
Tue 10/04/07 at 00:28
Regular
I guess not every game can be as original as Timesplitters 3....
Mon 09/04/07 at 23:49
Regular
"8==="
Every game's just SO original...
Mon 09/04/07 at 23:30
Regular
That new mode sounds about as original as Gears.
Mon 09/04/07 at 23:17
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> The upcoming Gears maps and content will no longer be free,
> unless you wait a few months you'll have to pay for them.

GS:

"One week ago, Gears of War fans got in a tizzy when Epic Games vice president Mark Rein revealed that the game's next update was "almost here." Rein said the update was out of Epic's hands and in the final stages of Microsoft's certification process.

Today, Microsoft announced that it has given the update the thumbs up and will release it over Xbox Live Marketplace at 4 p.m. PDT.

Not just a few tweaks to bugs, the update will add a new multiplayer mode called Annex. In Annex, two teams will battle to occupy key map locations like a standard King of the Hill or Domination match. Each map contains two to five key locations, and throughout the match the area to be controlled will move.

Also included in the update is VGA cable support, tweaks to the Boomshot and Hammer of Dawn weapons, and several bug and exploit fixes.

The update is free, unlike other Gears of War content that was recently revealed to be offered initially at a "reasonable price" before becoming free months down the line."

----------------------------------------

So the new mode IS free but the new maps won't be.
Mon 09/04/07 at 17:24
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> I wonder, how long until the first PS3 TV ads appear over here?

and now they're awful.

Lady sitting on a toilet? Where's the PS3 in the ad? Nice metaphor Sony.
Mon 09/04/07 at 17:23
Regular
"8==="
Aye, I'm not interested in talking about the others that much. :P
Mon 09/04/07 at 16:17
Regular
Should've just called it the 360 thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.