GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars KOTOR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 25/12/03 at 16:09
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
I have heard that KOTOR has many bugs in the game so before me going out to buy it I wanted to know if anyone out there has got the game please tell me if it is true or not.

P.S If so has a patch be made for it and does it fix any faults.
CHEERS!!!
Tue 30/12/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Teal'c"
You're thinking of Galaxies, dufus. That's a MMORPG. And you don't need to be much of a Star Wars fan to enjoy it, it doesn’t bare that much resemblance to the films, it's not like you need a vast knowledge of Star Wars to have fun with it.
Tue 30/12/03 at 17:12
Regular
KOTOR looks very interesting and I haven't bought an RPG in ages even though I love them, but I want to know a few things: 1. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, how much will this affect how much I like the game? 2. It's an online game right? And I need to pay to play it?
Tue 30/12/03 at 16:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Shame you have had so much trouble. But bear with it, KOTOR is a stupendous RPG. There was a thread in the Xbox forum about it, it will have dropped back a fair few pages now but it will tell you virually anything you need to know to beat a section of the game.
Tue 30/12/03 at 13:05
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
This is ridiculous absolutely ridiculous, It took a good hour of downloading from Viaarena (4in1 drivers) and Bioware (patch for the patching program, then the actual patch) over my dial up connection before this damn game would even run.

Reason: Radeon 9600 <- despite stating on the box that its a supported chipset.ATI are partly to blame for this nonsense (for releasing crap drivers).Checkout the bioware forums for angry dissatisfied gamers views and numerous dodgy fixes for the radeon 9600 (some of them do work), also official replies from Bioware and suggestions.

Then I drift over to Lucasarts support website and theres another blooming patch (a whooping 19MB) fixes this and that...

DAMN!!!

When it works though its a SWEEEEET game!!
Sun 28/12/03 at 14:21
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Ah well, went out and bought it anyway, and PoP: Sands of Time for £15 as well - bargain! :D
Sun 28/12/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The PC version did have tons of bugs in it, but it was down to what hardware you have. I dont think that they fully tested it on all hardware so some graphics cards etc had problems. I think that the patch they released had fixed the major bugs, so it should be ok to play.
Sun 28/12/03 at 12:18
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
My mates says that if you like Star Wars then buy in now, played it myself but only at my mates house and could not get a "handle" on it, so I have ordered it and now looking forward to playing it properly.
Sun 28/12/03 at 10:35
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
So is this game worth rushing out and buying? Bearing in mind I have yet to finish NFS: Underground and, for the 3rd time, trying to play through FF7 on PS (in Shinra HQ at the mo), should I add KOTR to my collection today?

:/
Fri 26/12/03 at 13:58
Regular
"That's right!"
Never had that bug.

I read the bug report thing at gamefaqs and the ONLY one I had come across myself was the one I mentioned earlier - the bloke doesn't give you the cards.
Thu 25/12/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Teal'c"
Hmmm, the only bugs that annoyed me, were the ones that made you randomly jump about the screen sometime in battle or movement. But as MoJo said, nothing life-threatening.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.