GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars KOTOR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 25/12/03 at 16:09
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
I have heard that KOTOR has many bugs in the game so before me going out to buy it I wanted to know if anyone out there has got the game please tell me if it is true or not.

P.S If so has a patch be made for it and does it fix any faults.
CHEERS!!!
Tue 06/01/04 at 11:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I couldn't find it the other day

I got Warcraft 3 instead
Tue 06/01/04 at 08:16
"Darkness, always"
Had this on PC for a few days. Not come across any bugs, although the game runs a little slow on my P4 2.4ghz GeForce FX 5200 system. Time to upgrade the graphics card I think...
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:35
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Already for the graphics cranked up to the max, maximum antistropic
> filtering makes sucha difference to textures - looks sweeeet!
>
> With regards to your CD drive, just crack the game! You're perfectly
> within your rights and saves fussing around with the CD all the time
> - I do it with all my games!

how does one do that??
Mon 05/01/04 at 20:42
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Already for the graphics cranked up to the max, maximum antistropic filtering makes sucha difference to textures - looks sweeeet!

With regards to your CD drive, just crack the game! You're perfectly within your rights and saves fussing around with the CD all the time - I do it with all my games!
Mon 05/01/04 at 19:46
Regular
It's brilliant, but recently my CD rom drive has mucked up. ARRGGHH. Should be fixed soon, so yay! Plus I got a new graphics card so it should run smoothly and on full graphics.
Mon 05/01/04 at 19:19
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I'm absolutely loving it too!

Still only on Taris - plenty to go! :D

Spent ages playing that card game with the dodgy name in order to muster 2000 credits for the droid - had scanned all the areas from top to bottom with not a single credit left anywhere!

Now in the Sith base, and trying to get the better of the Sith Commander. Bit of a hard nut, to be honest, but I'm sure I'll work it out soon enough - only frag grenades are particularly effective against him.
Mon 05/01/04 at 18:32
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Really is an amazing game. I reccomend it to anyone. Plus, it has loads of replay value and takes ages to complete in the first place.
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Truly brilliant game. Very expansive and lovely FMVs. Lots of stuff to do, combat is pretty good, although one never really gets the feel of fighting a 'big boss' like in a game like FF7, Zelda or SOA, but it still is very exciting to collect new super equipment.

Currently on Dantooine. Lovely.
Mon 05/01/04 at 14:11
Well i only got one bug that was the games fault. In Manaan i was talking to an irodian bounty hunter and i tried ppursuading him with a threat and my guy just stood there nodding his head and going through all those automatic conversation expressesions. Other times i've just accidently clicked on the wrong person while i was fighting so i had my friends getting kicked while i was chatting to some officers.Weird, but my fault really.

But its an amazing game, and the way you can customize your lightsaber is great. Especially when your character flurries it so you can see it in action after the upgrade. And with the side quests and npc quests which determine how good or evil you turn out theres alot to keep you coming back.

Swoops racing rocks aswel ;)
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:21
Regular
J Nash wrote:
> You're thinking of Galaxies, dufus. That's a MMORPG. And you don't
> need to be much of a Star Wars fan to enjoy it, it doesn’t bare that
> much resemblance to the films, it's not like you need a vast
> knowledge of Star Wars to have fun with it.

Yeah, that was it! D'oh! OK, thanks then :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.