GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rayman - PS1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rayman'.
Mon 05/01/04 at 16:20
Regular
"sweet nothing"
Please could someone help me to get past Pencil Pentathlon on Picture City, I'm stuck and it's doing my head in! I get so far but can't jump between the moving pencils on the last level - i'm sure a pencil sharpener appears or something to jump on but i've tried everything!
P.S. J Nash need NOT reply!!
Thu 08/01/04 at 17:38
Regular
"??????"
You SURE you'd welcome the Boss?! Anyway, get your picture taken by the Photographer, and run down the nearby ramp as fast as you can. You should hit the bouncy platforms in such a way that you should go flying through the pencils - it'll be very tight. Don't stop - keep going until you're through all the pencils. After that, the rest of the Level shouldn't be too tough. Hope I'm talking about the right bit here!
Wed 07/01/04 at 21:41
Regular
"sweet nothing"
Galacticdramon wrote:
> ajm007, did you say you're stuck on Pencil Pentathalon? Just wait 'til
> you get to the Boss in the next area...anyway, which bit EXACTLY are
> you stuck on?

I'm stuck on the bit where there are lots of bouncy blue starry rubbers (i think this may be the last level before moving out of Picture City). Once you get thru these there are some moving pencils to jump thru and i've tried every way to get past them but can't. I'm sure there must be a special way/direction to jump for something to appear to jump on. I can jump up the top but there are some tings which say NO and it won't let you go any further so it's got to be something to do with the moving pencils. After the game sitting for over a year at this stage i would welcome the BOSS..........
Wed 07/01/04 at 20:31
Regular
"??????"
ajm007, did you say you're stuck on Pencil Pentathalon? Just wait 'til you get to the Boss in the next area...anyway, which bit EXACTLY are you stuck on?
Wed 07/01/04 at 18:47
Regular
"sweet nothing"
I will b 4evr in your debt and will be waiting with baited breath...............
Wed 07/01/04 at 01:11
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
ajm007 wrote:

>
> The kids love it hence the wanting to finish it - any chance of going
> back thru it to find out??

I won't have much time til the weekend. I'll see what I can do.
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:48
Regular
"sweet nothing"
Lindgren wrote:
> ajm007 wrote:
>
> P.S. I lied when i said i'd finished the game......
>
> You may yet get it finished one day. What do you think of the game? I
> thought it was complete repetitive rubbish to be honest.

The kids love it hence the wanting to finish it - any chance of going back thru it to find out??
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:08
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
ajm007 wrote:

> P.S. I lied when i said i'd finished the game......

You may yet get it finished one day. What do you think of the game? I thought it was complete repetitive rubbish to be honest.
Tue 06/01/04 at 21:33
Regular
"sweet nothing"
Lindgren wrote:
> ajm007 wrote:
> Lindgren wrote:
> It's been so long since I played that game that I can't even
> remember
> where you are talking about exactly. Try searching the walktrhoughs
> section here for help, or if you can't find anything there try
> gamefaqs, there's bound to be something useful there.
>
> THANX FOR YOU RESPONSE IT'S THE MOST SENSIBLE ONE I'VE HAD ALL DAY!
> UNFORTUNATELY I'VE TRIED THOSE AND THERE ISN'T ANYTHING ON THERE -
> I'VE LOOKED!
>
> Less of the caps please, its irritating!
>
> Anyways, you can't have looked very hard in Gamefaqs because it's
> taken me about 30 seconds to find a walkthrough for Rayman. Here's
> the link,
>
> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/rayman_a.txt
>
> Trying searching with a little more effort next time!

Don't wanna sound too smug but i did find this link and although it says i'll take you through Picture City/Pencil Pentathlon it DOESN'T - I've read it right to the bottom of the page and i can't see anything unless it's invisible......I've even e-mailed the guy! Soz for irritating you by using capitals but i HAD to get someones attention! P.S. I lied when i said i'd finished the game......
Tue 06/01/04 at 21:24
Regular
"sweet nothing"
JUST USE THE FORCE! wrote:
> finished it yet?

YES (oops forgot DON'T use capitals!!) do i get a prize??
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:03
Regular
"forceful tendencies"
finished it yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.