GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goatboy does NOT want to be a Notable"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/08/01 at 23:19
Regular
Ok, I rarely say anything of importance or intend anyone to take me seriously.
But I do now, so allow me this one post to speak my mind.

All apologies to those that have voted for me, but I wish to "withdraw" as it were from this ridiculous election.
With no offence meant to anyone, Tony, posters, Notables etc..this has turned into one of the most laughable and pitiful excuses of letting people make decisions for themselves.

I popped on briefly to vote for YH, simply because I don't care but wanted YH to be elected, he's a top guy.
And I find I'm riding high in the charts - flattering but amusing because I have made 0% effort to be a part of this.

I have witnessed spats, people rigging votes and blah blah blah.
I return to check my email and get something via MSN telling me that pb is now a notable and "one other".

So I check here and yep, that's the case.
Great, pb should be very please.
However, it makes me decidely curious how, despite a vote that has been discussed for weeks, someone is made a notable simply because 5 people and the boss say so.

What is the point of having an election if it's just suddenly "Well, he got all the votes anyway and Tony says so"
Big deal.
So 5 people vote for him and the boss.
(and this isn't a dig at pb or me wanting to be a notable at all, I dont care one tiny bit)

What I do care about is that everyone considers their vote, takes it very seriously and it's pointless because 1 boss and 5 notables over-ride everyone else.

Elitist crap.
This whole thing about notable merely being people that add to the forum...it's a mark of respect from everyone else here that they choose who they consider to be a worthy person.
NOT 5 people and the boss.

That is contempt for the entire process and reason of this election and is something I expect to see in a banana South American country, "El Presidente has decided" and VOILA!
New notable.

Well, I want no part of this fiasco and wish to withdraw any attempt or chance of being one of "The Elite", I haven't asked a single person to vote for me, simply because I don't care.
But I do care that the posters opinion's are disregarded because 6 other people send word of their wishes.

This is NOT a dig at pb at all - enjoy a yellow name dude.
But I do not wish to even be considered for a position that, it would appear, would allow me to lord it over every single other person on this forum. The people that make the forums what they are.

And if that isn't the case, why the hell are 5 people allowed to over-rule everyone else and just "create" a new houseboy?

Sorry if a few people take offence at this post, but this forum is enjoyable because it lacks the snobby and "ruling class" system that permeates so many other forums.

But this sudden ignoring of everyone's vote and just elevating someone on the word of 5 people reeks of Elitist doctrine.
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, I rarely say anything of importance or intend anyone to take me seriously.
But I do now, so allow me this one post to speak my mind.

All apologies to those that have voted for me, but I wish to "withdraw" as it were from this ridiculous election.
With no offence meant to anyone, Tony, posters, Notables etc..this has turned into one of the most laughable and pitiful excuses of letting people make decisions for themselves.

I popped on briefly to vote for YH, simply because I don't care but wanted YH to be elected, he's a top guy.
And I find I'm riding high in the charts - flattering but amusing because I have made 0% effort to be a part of this.

I have witnessed spats, people rigging votes and blah blah blah.
I return to check my email and get something via MSN telling me that pb is now a notable and "one other".

So I check here and yep, that's the case.
Great, pb should be very please.
However, it makes me decidely curious how, despite a vote that has been discussed for weeks, someone is made a notable simply because 5 people and the boss say so.

What is the point of having an election if it's just suddenly "Well, he got all the votes anyway and Tony says so"
Big deal.
So 5 people vote for him and the boss.
(and this isn't a dig at pb or me wanting to be a notable at all, I dont care one tiny bit)

What I do care about is that everyone considers their vote, takes it very seriously and it's pointless because 1 boss and 5 notables over-ride everyone else.

Elitist crap.
This whole thing about notable merely being people that add to the forum...it's a mark of respect from everyone else here that they choose who they consider to be a worthy person.
NOT 5 people and the boss.

That is contempt for the entire process and reason of this election and is something I expect to see in a banana South American country, "El Presidente has decided" and VOILA!
New notable.

Well, I want no part of this fiasco and wish to withdraw any attempt or chance of being one of "The Elite", I haven't asked a single person to vote for me, simply because I don't care.
But I do care that the posters opinion's are disregarded because 6 other people send word of their wishes.

This is NOT a dig at pb at all - enjoy a yellow name dude.
But I do not wish to even be considered for a position that, it would appear, would allow me to lord it over every single other person on this forum. The people that make the forums what they are.

And if that isn't the case, why the hell are 5 people allowed to over-rule everyone else and just "create" a new houseboy?

Sorry if a few people take offence at this post, but this forum is enjoyable because it lacks the snobby and "ruling class" system that permeates so many other forums.

But this sudden ignoring of everyone's vote and just elevating someone on the word of 5 people reeks of Elitist doctrine.
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:23
Here`s an idea : give all your votes to Time_Warp !
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:24
Regular
intresting, very interesting...
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:25
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Capitalism
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:26
Regular
its like tony blair giving himself a payrise...well almost.
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
Look at all these ridiculously crappy replies!

What is with you people, Goatboy says something serious so you think its kind of funny and make a joke out of it.

God.
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:30
Regular
and all u can do is rip it out of our posts?

god
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:32
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I thought mind kind of summed up most of his post :D

Wasn't making a joke er-no.

:D
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I agree.

Either post something intelligent or go to another thread.

I am NOT making funnies, please respect that.
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:34
Regular
"not dead"
It's not like there will be no elected Notable though, it has just been decided that pb should be one too.

Much like SHEEPY got the sympathy vote last time for being a 2 time runner up.

Besides, being a notable doesn't really mean anything.

Whether pb was a notable or not, I'd still make the effort to find his posts, and read them, as he writes quality stuff.

In my eyes he's notable anyway, as are you Goatboy, as are many others.

the notable vote is just a bit of fun, and really shouldn't be taken so seriously!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.