GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which do you think is better - Video or DVD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
I think that DVD is alot better than a video as Videos are really bad quality and DVD are great quality.Also the sound is better on a DVD.

Which do you find better?
Fri 06/08/04 at 01:23
Regular
"8==="
Videos: you can get 3/5 for 15/20 quid and unless you really want to watch the extras it's better getting a VHS copy.

The quality is slightly lower but to be honest if you notice then you need to get out more.

The drawbacks are that videos take up the space of about 3 dvds and if you want to own a series it's better to have it on DVD as episode selection is made much easier.

VHS for films you're not obsessed with knowing every little detail about though. :)
Fri 06/08/04 at 00:59
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
DVDs; you get more for your money. Take 'the simpsons, series 4', for example.

More extras than a sandwich made of chocolate. JOKE!!
Mon 31/05/04 at 16:20
Regular
"Milky Milky"
You can link up a VCR to a DVD Recorder and transfer them easily enough.
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Time Up"
Flockhart wrote:
> As soon as it's possible to get a reasonably cheap DVD recorder, VHS
> tapes will die out.
But what about the movies that we have already recorded on VHS ?
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
As soon as it's possible to get a reasonably cheap DVD recorder, VHS tapes will die out.
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'Yoink!....Oh no, Beta!'
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Time Up"
What's Beta ?
Tue 04/05/04 at 00:48
Regular
What a stupid discussion of course DVD is better it's meant to be the succesor to videos and now dvd recorders are out eventually Video Recorders will be obsolete from homes in years to come.
Mon 03/05/04 at 16:28
"I love yo... lamp."
It will be quite a while before I get a DVD recorder, because most things I record I only want to see the once, like if I am out and would end up missing 24. If I wanted to watch it repeatedly I would have gotten the boxset.

DVDs are far superior technology wise, but even they are technically obsolete with Blu Ray discs holding 50 GB of data on the same 8 cm sized optical discs. But as branding and public consciousness of DVD goes, it is here to stay for a long time yet.

I would be very unlikely to buy a pre recorded VHS now, but it could happen, especially if it was something older and not available on DVD. But I will have video cassette recorder for a long time to come, and in fact got a new one last week. I wanted a silver one to match my TV, DVD and Sky box.
Mon 03/05/04 at 09:37
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
dvds are better and more expensive you have to work out; is it worth it?
i got both and i use the VHS alot more because i can record things for £40 insted of £200

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.