GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which do you think is better - Video or DVD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
I think that DVD is alot better than a video as Videos are really bad quality and DVD are great quality.Also the sound is better on a DVD.

Which do you find better?
Sat 01/01/05 at 01:00
Regular
VHS take up a huge amount of room. Also when a pile of VHS fall on you it hurts a lot more than if it was a pile of DVDs.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:57
Regular
"The definitive tag"
There is really no competition. DVD's are obviously better. They have better picture quality, better sound quality, you can skip to certain points of the film with the touch of a button. They will also last much longer. The only advantage I can think of that video has over DVD is that it is easier to damgage a disc.
Fri 31/12/04 at 00:27
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
VHS annoys me now compared to DVD's.
Wed 29/12/04 at 21:03
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah but you won't get decent DVD's in 5 for 15 quid offers yet.

No, but you can get 3 for 15-20 quid, and considering they're higher quality, ANd you don't have to rewind them at the end, that's a better deal.
Thu 16/12/04 at 10:12
Regular
"and PC user"
I now have one of those "PVR" boxes. I can record without using discs or tapes. And I can use it to record one channel while viewing a different channel at the same time. Its great for "everyday" tv recording. You can also record from the box to a VHS or DVD recorder (i dont have a DVD recorder yet) if you want to off load things like films you want to keep for ages (so they dont use space in the PVR), or if you want to transport recordings.

Thing is with recordable dvd, I have seen so many posts on other sites about problems with certain blank discs not working in machines that they should work in. And as far as I can see, their is just one model which has "Freeview" built in. Not only that, Dual Layer discs are just starting to arrive, which will double the disc capacity, but you can only use such a feature in a "Dual layer" recorder. And they are thin on the ground - at least for connection to the tv.
Sun 26/09/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Braaains"
But DVDs can be used as coasters, too.
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:19
Regular
"8==="
Also if you're bored with a VHS movie you can fill in the holes on it and tape over it rather than bin it :)
Sat 07/08/04 at 07:24
Regular
"8==="
Yeah but you won't get decent DVD's in 5 for 15 quid offers yet.

Unless I'm really obsessed with a movie and want to view the extras and commentry I'll get it on VHS. I guess I'm not that obsessed with most films as I couldn't give a to$$ about the extras, I'd rather spend my time listening to some music or playing some games than listen to some director waffling on about how brilliant an effect/shot came off or little hidden jokes in the background etc.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Thats like saying whats better, cassette tape or CD's. DVD's are simply an evolved form, much like everything technology wise. PS1>PS2. Snes>N64>Gamecube.

As for cheapness, VHS wins, but DVDs are getting so cheap now its ridiculous. I remember when they were £25 each.
Fri 06/08/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Has to be the DVD simply because of all the extras you get. Like deleted scenes and interviews with the cast. The quality of picture is better aswell. Or that could just be tv.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.