GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which do you think is better - Video or DVD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
I think that DVD is alot better than a video as Videos are really bad quality and DVD are great quality.Also the sound is better on a DVD.

Which do you find better?
Fri 25/02/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I got a dvd recorder from argos for £199.99 and it went wrong so we took it back and got a replacement, then the repleacement went wrong so we got a refund and went to comet and got a pioneer one for 249.99 and it has been good so far...touch wood!

I find DVDs better because they are easier to store and you dont have to wind through to find the thing you want.
DVDs also never lose quality however many times you watch them whereas Videos lose a little bit of quality everytime you watch them...so if you have a favourite video and you watch it 100s of times then you will end up with a really bad quality video.
Sun 20/02/05 at 19:11
Regular
DVD recorders are expensive i mean the one where you can record programs and its easier to destroy a DVD than a video so i say videos better.
Sun 20/02/05 at 17:45
Regular
"Pwned"
The sooner, the better.
Fri 18/02/05 at 16:38
Regular
"Catch it!"
DVD much more stuff on it and their going to stop selling Video soon to they've already stopped in Dixons and other shops are going to be next!
Wed 16/02/05 at 13:29
Regular
munn wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> DVD's are easier to break though. But I prefer DVD's, better quality
> and much smaller.
>
> Nuhuh.
>
> Stamp on a DVD = dirty footprint.
> Stamp on a VCR = broken plastic

Yeah but try snapping a DVD in half and you can. But it's much harder with a VHS tape.
Wed 16/02/05 at 02:00
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> DVD's are easier to break though. But I prefer DVD's, better quality
> and much smaller.

Nuhuh.

Stamp on a DVD = dirty footprint.
Stamp on a VCR = broken plastic
Sun 09/01/05 at 15:37
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
M@rk wrote:
> VHS take up a huge amount of room. Also when a pile of VHS fall on you
> it hurts a lot more than if it was a pile of DVDs.

:D

It's true though, DVDs are a lot more convenient.
Sat 01/01/05 at 02:54
Regular
M@rk wrote:
> Ah but VCRs break easily, god knows how many times we've had to buy a
> new one or had one repaired.

My old one broke and was then repaired about 5 times. The new one has never broke though and I've had it for 2 years. I had the old one for about 10 years I think. DVD players are too new for us to know if they can last that long.
Sat 01/01/05 at 02:51
Regular
Ah but VCRs break easily, god knows how many times we've had to buy a new one or had one repaired.
Sat 01/01/05 at 02:13
Regular
DVD's are easier to break though. But I prefer DVD's, better quality and much smaller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.