GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1080"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 20:27
Regular
Right, I've been wondering about getting this game for a while now, but I'm not sure whether I should. I always thought I was going to end up getting 1080 and MP5, but it seems with my brother getting an XBox, that got priority and I've ended up spending my money on a couple of XBox games and Cueb controller/memory card.

I remembered I have an unclaimed GAD, though, so I'm thinking maybe I should get 1080; only problem is, is it any good? I've heard it's far too short/arcadey, and some people say that SSX 3 is much better. If it's not as good as SSX 3 I don't think there'd be much point getting it.

So I should I wait and see if I can get Live, then get an XBox title (probably Crimson Skies), leave my GAD and pre-order a decent Cube title like FF: CC when soem release dates are confirmed or go for 1080?

Cheers Ninty dudes.
Sat 10/01/04 at 12:27
Regular
1080 is really great fun, with some excellently designed courses. Just about better than SSX 3 in my opinion, and it'll keep you going for a while.
Sat 10/01/04 at 12:19
Regular
No, Not Really.

:)
Sat 10/01/04 at 10:37
Regular
I've got SSX 3, and while it's great at first, it soons dawns on you how dull and lifeless it is. The speed of 1080 certainly looks interesting, but other than that I can't see anything about it that makes it stand out from the crowd.

Am I missing something?
Fri 09/01/04 at 22:23
Regular
I know a lot of people will probably disagree, but 1080 is simply WAY WAY too short.

I've got far more enjoyment outta SSX3. I think it's way better. Challenging, lenthly, great soundtrack, cool characters, cooler tricks

Get it.
Fri 09/01/04 at 21:37
"cheerios"
I too have an unclaimed GAD and I can't decide. I was thinking about 1080 but I'm not too sure... Choices choices choices.
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:27
Regular
Right, I've been wondering about getting this game for a while now, but I'm not sure whether I should. I always thought I was going to end up getting 1080 and MP5, but it seems with my brother getting an XBox, that got priority and I've ended up spending my money on a couple of XBox games and Cueb controller/memory card.

I remembered I have an unclaimed GAD, though, so I'm thinking maybe I should get 1080; only problem is, is it any good? I've heard it's far too short/arcadey, and some people say that SSX 3 is much better. If it's not as good as SSX 3 I don't think there'd be much point getting it.

So I should I wait and see if I can get Live, then get an XBox title (probably Crimson Skies), leave my GAD and pre-order a decent Cube title like FF: CC when soem release dates are confirmed or go for 1080?

Cheers Ninty dudes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.