GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1080"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 20:27
Regular
Right, I've been wondering about getting this game for a while now, but I'm not sure whether I should. I always thought I was going to end up getting 1080 and MP5, but it seems with my brother getting an XBox, that got priority and I've ended up spending my money on a couple of XBox games and Cueb controller/memory card.

I remembered I have an unclaimed GAD, though, so I'm thinking maybe I should get 1080; only problem is, is it any good? I've heard it's far too short/arcadey, and some people say that SSX 3 is much better. If it's not as good as SSX 3 I don't think there'd be much point getting it.

So I should I wait and see if I can get Live, then get an XBox title (probably Crimson Skies), leave my GAD and pre-order a decent Cube title like FF: CC when soem release dates are confirmed or go for 1080?

Cheers Ninty dudes.
Sun 11/01/04 at 19:25
Regular
Hasn't received particularly good reviews, really.
Sun 11/01/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Auf deutsch wrote:
> And I have all three. SSX3 is definately the best. And Amped 2 is the
> worst.

I need to play Amped 2. Not played it yet.

Is it better than the first one? More levels n stuff?

Also, is there any racing in Amped 2? That was sorely missed out of Amped!

:)
Sun 11/01/04 at 16:22
Regular
Amped 2, 1080, and SSX3 are all pretty different though.

Amped 2 is more realistic tricking than anything else

1080 is more realistic racing than anything else

And SSX3, well it's both. Except it's not realistic. It's fun though ;)

And I have all three. SSX3 is definately the best. And Amped 2 is the worst.
Sun 11/01/04 at 15:26
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Although I'm loving PGR2 at the moment, I do want to try and give
> Halo another chance, so if I was going to get an XBox game, it'd be a
> killer Live game, and I'm still unsure if I'll be able to get that. I
> think for now I'll wait and see what happens with live, and if
> nothing coems of it, I'll opt for a Cube pre-order.

You might want to give 1080 a try. I had initial reservations but when I received it for my birthday, I was very pleasantly surprised.
Sun 11/01/04 at 15:25
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> You really do hate the Xbox don't you?

With a burning passion like no other.

But seriously. I did not enjoy the first Amped whatsoever and the sequel appears to only have mildly improved. It bores me. I can see it's good points, but I just don't like it. Thus, I call it average.

I like my Xbox because it provides me with infinite fun on Live, lightsabre antics in Jedi Knight & Knights of the Old Republic and many of those serious but deep and therefore fun games (e.g. Deus Ex, Morrowind, etc) that the GameCube seems to have little of.

I prefer to play on my GameCube, but I enjoy playing Xbox more than PS2 and, on the whole, think it's a good console with some solid games and an interesting future.
Sun 11/01/04 at 15:23
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> But if you have a whole pile of games needing playing just now then
> save the GAD for another time.

Well I'm a little sick of Metal Arms, the level I'm on is impossible to complete thanks to tardy controls, and I'm stuck on both Zelda II and The Legend of Zelda on the Collector's Edition.

Although I'm loving PGR2 at the moment, I do want to try and give Halo another chance, so if I was going to get an XBox game, it'd be a killer Live game, and I'm still unsure if I'll be able to get that. I think for now I'll wait and see what happens with live, and if nothing coems of it, I'll opt for a Cube pre-order.
Sun 11/01/04 at 15:14
Regular
"??????"
We're agreed then, Maverick42!
Sun 11/01/04 at 15:12
"I love yo... lamp."
Maverick42 wrote:
> 1080 and SSX are as good as each other, but good in different ways.
> Amped 2 is just average.

You really do hate the Xbox don't you?
Sun 11/01/04 at 15:10
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
SSX3 is good for its stunts n tricks. Trying to get ever increasing high scores is quite good fun.

1080 tho, is superb for its racing action and realistic track design.

Both games are good in their own right, but as for which you prefer is generally down to whether your a stunt fanatic, or a racing fan.

Personally I prefer the realistic racing, over the over the top stunt action of SSX3. But I really like both games!

:D
Sun 11/01/04 at 14:58
Regular
1080 and SSX are as good as each other, but good in different ways. Amped 2 is just average.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.