GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1080"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 20:27
Regular
Right, I've been wondering about getting this game for a while now, but I'm not sure whether I should. I always thought I was going to end up getting 1080 and MP5, but it seems with my brother getting an XBox, that got priority and I've ended up spending my money on a couple of XBox games and Cueb controller/memory card.

I remembered I have an unclaimed GAD, though, so I'm thinking maybe I should get 1080; only problem is, is it any good? I've heard it's far too short/arcadey, and some people say that SSX 3 is much better. If it's not as good as SSX 3 I don't think there'd be much point getting it.

So I should I wait and see if I can get Live, then get an XBox title (probably Crimson Skies), leave my GAD and pre-order a decent Cube title like FF: CC when soem release dates are confirmed or go for 1080?

Cheers Ninty dudes.
Sun 11/01/04 at 14:44
Regular
"??????"
Auf deutsch, I completely agree tht SSX3 is better than 1080. SSX3 is the best game of its type ever!
Sun 11/01/04 at 14:34
Regular
Kewl.

I played 1080 again today. T'was fantastic the first few times I played it, but now, it's kinda dull.

Much prefer SSX3 I do.
Sat 10/01/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I'll start another thread with SSX scores then.

Maybe tomorrow!

I've Platinumed most things.

:D
Sat 10/01/04 at 23:32
Regular
I've just got back into SSX3

Trying to get all the final gold/platinum medals and clearing all the BIG challenges

Tis very hard

So no time beating for me

:D
Sat 10/01/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Auf deutsch wrote:
> I know a lot of people will probably disagree, but 1080 is simply WAY
> WAY too short.

Then try and beat some of the times in the 1080 Times thread. That'll take some time to try and beat!

:)
Sat 10/01/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Rickoss wrote:
> I've got SSX 3, and while it's great at first, it soons dawns on you
> how dull and lifeless it is. The speed of 1080 certainly looks
> interesting, but other than that I can't see anything about it that
> makes it stand out from the crowd.
>
> Am I missing something?

Yer, go to the 1080 Times thread, and try and beat the times there. That will give a lot more life to the game.

Competition always makes a game more interesting!

:)
Sat 10/01/04 at 22:22
"I love yo... lamp."
If you want a snowboarding game I would go for Amped 2 at the moment. My opinion is that it is better than 1080.

If you are now bored with games you have at the moment, then I would claim a GAD. Crimson Skies is on my list too at the moment.

But if you have a whole pile of games needing playing just now then save the GAD for another time.
Sat 10/01/04 at 22:02
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> and it'll keep you going for a
> while.
>
> It will?

I've played it for almost three hours now.
Sat 10/01/04 at 17:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
hehe... I've been playing MP5 and its super fun.

As for 1080 - I've only played it a short while, its very very impressive.
Sat 10/01/04 at 12:29
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
and it'll keep you going for a
> while.

It will?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.