GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1080"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 20:27
Regular
Right, I've been wondering about getting this game for a while now, but I'm not sure whether I should. I always thought I was going to end up getting 1080 and MP5, but it seems with my brother getting an XBox, that got priority and I've ended up spending my money on a couple of XBox games and Cueb controller/memory card.

I remembered I have an unclaimed GAD, though, so I'm thinking maybe I should get 1080; only problem is, is it any good? I've heard it's far too short/arcadey, and some people say that SSX 3 is much better. If it's not as good as SSX 3 I don't think there'd be much point getting it.

So I should I wait and see if I can get Live, then get an XBox title (probably Crimson Skies), leave my GAD and pre-order a decent Cube title like FF: CC when soem release dates are confirmed or go for 1080?

Cheers Ninty dudes.
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:28
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
1080 - it is good
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
R.S. is always on ebay but be prepared to pay a high price for it. Psyvarier is only £12.99 brand new from Game.

R-Type Final is out on PS2 in a few weeks, I'll be getting that also :)

This forum is mainly for shoot em ups if your interested.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:26
Regular
I've only really got Ikaruga. I do love the old shooters, and I was hunting around for Radiant Silvergun for a fair while, but never found it. Trouble is, there aren't many Cube shooters like Ikaruga, so it's a tough job tracking them down.
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:54
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Rickoss, I've got Ikaruga, Psyvarier & Do Don Pachi Daijou (spelling) you got many "hard core" shoot em ups ?
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:08
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I got it the other day, brilliant stuff. Its must first venture into a snowboarding game and im not dissapointed. The main challenge mode is a litle short but with gate challenges, stunt modes and 4 player capabilities.. (broadband if ur a ritch punk). Visually wonderfull.
Mon 12/01/04 at 13:34
Regular
Yeah, I'm hoping for some Ikaruga-style replay value with getting good times. If that fails, I may just opt for Shikigami, I've read a ltitle bit about it and the points system sounds genius.

If that fails too, I'll pre-order FF: CC and feel good :-D
Mon 12/01/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Don't think you'll be disappointed with 1080, it may be short but plenty or replay value in my opinion.
Mon 12/01/04 at 12:44
Regular
Yay, I've ended up claiming 1080 because I got another GAD. Whoop!
Sun 11/01/04 at 19:31
Regular
Gah, the Official Xbox Magazine really are god awful. Anyone can see that SSX 3 is superior to Amped, T3 is certainly not a very good game and that they're only appearing very desperate by continually slagging off the GameCube and PS2.
Sun 11/01/04 at 19:30
Regular
Nope, no racing, which seems a bit weird in a snowboarding game.

I think the only really positive review I've read was in XOM, where they gave it 8.9/10.

Then the 'tards gave SSX3 7.9 on the next page, and I think they gave the T3 game a similar score.

Amped 2 is ok though. Online play is pretty cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.