GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"retro music"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/01/04 at 13:06
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hi all,
don't know if anyone else is interested, but there's a new album out called "Boy Playground" which is an album of dance music programmed using Gameboy software and sounds. i got my copy yesterday and it's excellent.

anyone into their chip music or wanting a misty-eyed trip down the 8-bit path should add it to their collection :)

also, http://www.8bitpeoples.com have got a LOAD of similar stuff for free mp3 download, and their christmas album is pretty damn good too! :)
Tue 18/05/04 at 10:27
Regular
"you've got a beard"
oh hell yeah, the "Steel Wheel" table from Pinball Dreams had awsome music!
Mon 17/05/04 at 18:04
Regular
music from pinball dreams + fantasies was pretty damn good, I recall.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i wasn't very good at that but i had a mate who thought it to be the pooches plums :)

have you seen that speed attack by the guy who can finish it in under 2 hours?? crazy, crazy stuff!!

i loved The Wind Waker though, one of the best games released last year i think for sure.
Sun 01/02/04 at 17:33
Regular
what about the music from Zelda : A link to the Past.

happy days - that was perhaps the finest RPG I have played
Sun 01/02/04 at 13:01
Regular
"you've got a beard"
YEAH i do!!! and Knights of the Sky!! dynamite suff!!

but on the subject of the best music, although 1997 isn't OVERLY retro (i guess in video game terms 7 years is like a digital purgatory where things are neither retro nor modern... dang!) i'm going to have to side with Final Fantsy 7.

i've just whacked the soundtrack on for the first time in a while and it's fabulous in all ways. it pleases me greatly!
Tue 27/01/04 at 17:53
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> thankfully my favourite game was Wings, which was a mere 2 disks :)

do you remember 'wings of fury'?

that was class
Tue 27/01/04 at 15:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
"Syndicate, now that was excellent. Why haven't they made a new version of that?"

They did. It was called syndicate wars. You can buy it with syndicate included at ebay.
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
"beneath a steel sky" - 15 floppies!!
great game though.

thankfully my favourite game was Wings, which was a mere 2 disks :)
Wed 21/01/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Fade to Black- one of the best songs Metallica ever performed. :)
Wed 21/01/04 at 13:51
Regular
"eat toast!"
"fade to black - rings a bell but can't place it :("

It was the sequel to flashback. Conrad gets captured 50yrs into the future (considering the size of the universe that was very quick to do) by the terible morpths and earth is already invaded and its up to conrad, rebels and a doctor to take on the aliens and remove the scum once and for all.

Hs anyone considered playing syndicate on the pc? you can save your progress and sod all those annoying swap disks. Head to gamebird.dk for a FREE FULL VERSON of the game 6mb download.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.