GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do we really need 500 cars?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Gran Turismo 4, rumoured to have around 500 cars but do we really need them all? I mean in previous installments of the GT series you only ever used about 20 cars regularly, because all the rest were either boring to drive, or just far too slow.

So maybe if the developers cut the cars down to about 100 that you'd actually want to drive, then it would cut development time down quite a bit, and cost them much less.
Sat 17/01/04 at 20:59
"period drama"
No, you need 100 cars at the very most.

What you DO need, on the other hand, is damage and proper AI. Like proper games have.
Sat 17/01/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
But the 30 cars you might like to drive may not be the same 30 that others like to use. So having this choice makes it appeal to a greater number of people.

So some folk will use the cars they like, or own in real life etc

Much better to be able to choose from a selection than to be forced to use the same cars again and again.
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The reason I started this topic, is because I've just been reading through PSW and they were comparing GT4 and R: Racing.

One of the main arguments for GT4 was the fact that it has 500 cars, and R: Racing only has 35. But surely that doesn't make for a good argument when you don't use half the cars in GT anyway?
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:29
Regular
"??????"
It's GREAT if you own a steering wheel! Besides, not EVERYONE can drive a proper car...
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:29
"R.I.P Acestar"
yeah i couldnt get into gt3.i found it so boring
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What's the point of a realistic driving game?

Eh? EH?

;)
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:25
Regular
"??????"
Exactly! Once you have a few good ones, you're fine!
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:24
"R.I.P Acestar"
yes good point.i have gt3 and you dont need half the cars in there
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Gran Turismo 4, rumoured to have around 500 cars but do we really need them all? I mean in previous installments of the GT series you only ever used about 20 cars regularly, because all the rest were either boring to drive, or just far too slow.

So maybe if the developers cut the cars down to about 100 that you'd actually want to drive, then it would cut development time down quite a bit, and cost them much less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.