GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do we really need 500 cars?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sat 17/01/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Gran Turismo 4, rumoured to have around 500 cars but do we really need them all? I mean in previous installments of the GT series you only ever used about 20 cars regularly, because all the rest were either boring to drive, or just far too slow.

So maybe if the developers cut the cars down to about 100 that you'd actually want to drive, then it would cut development time down quite a bit, and cost them much less.
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:33
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Lou Role wrote:
> >Gran Turismo 4, rumoured to have around 500 cars but do we really
> >need .them all?
>

Hmmm.....Your gonna have to let me think on this one.

Answer: YES

The more the merrier in my books. If you really want less cars, stick with the previous one. I'm pretty sure that in GT4 the cars are going to have the same graphical polish as the third game, so think about it - you'll be buying a game where you will be getting roughly twice as many cars as GT3........why even question 'why do we really need them all'????
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
béSSánt wrote:
> plus if you have damage there would probaly only be 200 cars because
> the car manufacturs would never allow pholyphony to make a game where
> there "great cars" got shamed into tiny pecies hence,
> i think leave polyphony alone and they will make what they make and
> we will like it because we love this type of game.

But then why does PGR2 have damage? It includes all major car makers, Ford, VW, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Bently, BMW, Lotus, Toyota etc. Over 100 cars and all take damage.
Mon 19/01/04 at 21:52
Regular
": ("
Lou Role wrote:
>Gran Turismo 4, rumoured to have around 500 cars but do we really >need .them all?

Yeh.
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:50
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
DiG wrote:
> But programming damage would make the game smaller and not as good

read on my freind
read on
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
But programming damage would make the game smaller and not as good
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:37
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i think you sould have the option of damage because some like damage.

myself i like to keep my car polished after every wash and i drive recklessly around sharp corners and often the old barrier helps,

and if you had damage you would start making your wheels and everthing fly off and you wouldn't be able to drive.

plus if you have damage there would probaly only be 200 cars because the car manufacturs would never allow pholyphony to make a game where there "great cars" got shamed into tiny pecies hence,
i think leave polyphony alone and they will make what they make and we will like it because we love this type of game.
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:30
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Probably for the same reason you can never get a proper lead and you
> bounce off walls. Some degree of laziness, I'm sure.

Some degree of laziness, some degree of laziness
These games take 2-3 years to make and your calling them lazying!

Anyway why the hell are you complaining about the fact that there are lots of cars, that a GOOD thing. Most people complain about the fact the games don't have enough of whatever they need but when a developer decides to put lots in you complain!

The cars included arnt just to be fast. There are classic cars in there, loads (obvisly) I like being able to have a garage full of 500+ cars. Also it make the game longer and harder to complete.

As for damage, that would be good but there priority is to make the game dynamics excellent, so they would rather have the whole game brilliant rather than have a average game that has damage

*I will kill all who complain about good things. With various blunt wooden things*
Mon 19/01/04 at 17:11
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i am loking forward to the 500 cars (they better be the pholyphony)
and the rumoured 75 tracks.
especailly the tracks, i hope they have more twisting curving impossible tracks and, formula one cars to drive around em.
Mon 19/01/04 at 11:31
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
the more cars ther merrier in my opinion.
Mon 19/01/04 at 11:04
Regular
I don't have a PS2, but in my experience with driving games, you can never have enough cars. The variety allows you to tailor the game to your own personal preference, and makes it a much more personal experience.

This is the only game that might tempt me to get another PS2, so I'll be watching its progress keenly. Of course, it'll have to be something special to compete with the absolutely excellent project gotham 2, and the car tinkering abilities given in need for speed underground.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.