GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh, for gods sake..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/04 at 21:58
"Uzi Lover"
If this Xbox Live disconnects me one more time I'm going to get the big Xbox and smash it against the wall a few times, then I'll put it on the ground and jump on it alot.

Yes, I have (once again...) been disconnected from Xbox Live for no reason at all. It annoyed me even more when I was winning a race in PGR 2, after a all race battle for firsdt place, and on the last lap...disconnected. I'll be playing the single player game...disconnected. Annoying. Very annoying.

Someone must of had this also?!? Live just randomly disconnecting you at any time it deems fit?

My router, it's compatible.

My connection, no lag.

How the hell do I get this sorted because I'm not going to play it properly until I know I won't be disconnected.

ARGGGGGGGGGGSDAGDASH
Wed 21/01/04 at 13:07
Regular
I am currently looking into a 21" LCD widescreen monitor and with a wirelss mouse and keyboard I can sit where I want to play PC games. You are aware there are PC gaming pads? Its just there isn't really that comfort argument these days as PC gaming is making in roads into taking what makes console gaming good and combining it with all the kick ass extras you get with a PC. In terms of visual quality, if you have a high end PC everything single game will look a lot better to some degree or another.

It also depends on who you play with. Towards the end on LIVE outside of a couple of you the rest were sub 15 year old c*cks. Tom and Real excluded. These days you can have favourite servers and meet up with your mates on there.
Wed 21/01/04 at 12:59
Regular
I hate online gaming full stop.
Wed 21/01/04 at 11:07
Regular
Heh

I just called you Pedigree.
Wed 21/01/04 at 11:06
Regular
I never really have any problems with lag, though I do tend to play with the same group of people so we all know what the maximum amount of people we can hold is.

Pedigree shush with your tales of PC gaming. Big deal you can get large games going on Call of Duty, I hate PC gaming and would much rather just chill in front of a TV with my simple to set-up Xbox and play some 5 on 5 Rainbow Six.
Wed 21/01/04 at 10:45
Regular
With regards to Rainbow Six - I found increasingly I was losing connection with games, and getting Lag more and more. It was never like this when I first got Live, so I came to the conclusion that the servers are getting overloaded or something.

On PGR2 I never have a problem with it, virtually every game is Lag free and I very rarely am disconnected.

It could be your ISP though.
Wed 21/01/04 at 00:13
Regular
The maps get crowded because they are small. The Call of Duty maps are HUGE. 8 vs 8 on Call of Duty doesn't exist, not in the public or main servers anyway.
Tue 20/01/04 at 23:52
"I love yo... lamp."
I've been disconnected a few times.

My theory is that it is due to the line itself as if it was a software fault then it would have been fixed.

The hardware is compatible hence it isn't that.

I think Live must be rather sensitive and where Internet Explorer doesn't shut if you lose your connection momentarily, Live appears to.

The other possibility is a duff cable.
Tue 20/01/04 at 22:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed.

having played 8v8 on Halo demo on PC, it is terrific fun. Any more and the levels would explode.

32v32 on something like Battlefield 1942 might be good, but each Live game is designed to fit the capacity etc, so 8v8 for example would be the best thing.

Yus.
Tue 20/01/04 at 22:31
Regular
Oh hush your negative mouth Alistair :D

8 vs 8 is too frantic, so I can only imagine how stupid 32 vs 32 must get.

Nice 5 vs 5 games are the best thing. No lag and the levels don't get too crowded.

Never heard of this disconnecting thingy though, you tried ringing up Live help? failing that, send a letter bomb to Bill Gates.
Tue 20/01/04 at 22:11
"Uzi Lover"
There is a reason behind it, becuase it happens on EVERY Xbox Live game I have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.