GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh, for gods sake..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/04 at 21:58
"Uzi Lover"
If this Xbox Live disconnects me one more time I'm going to get the big Xbox and smash it against the wall a few times, then I'll put it on the ground and jump on it alot.

Yes, I have (once again...) been disconnected from Xbox Live for no reason at all. It annoyed me even more when I was winning a race in PGR 2, after a all race battle for firsdt place, and on the last lap...disconnected. I'll be playing the single player game...disconnected. Annoying. Very annoying.

Someone must of had this also?!? Live just randomly disconnecting you at any time it deems fit?

My router, it's compatible.

My connection, no lag.

How the hell do I get this sorted because I'm not going to play it properly until I know I won't be disconnected.

ARGGGGGGGGGGSDAGDASH
Wed 28/01/04 at 15:51
Regular
"8==="
Playing with a mouse sucks.

Xbox live gives everyone a balanced game.

Very few upgrades needed.

etc etc.
Thu 22/01/04 at 17:36
"Uzi Lover"
Craziest Col! wrote:
> nah, seriosuly, 3 new filters did it for us.

Did you get the same problem as me then?

And what do you mean by this?
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:59
Regular
"All about the Beats"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> and not have to listen to some pathetic
> little 14 year olds scream down the mic and generally acting like
> compelte gimps.

Mute them then. :p

FooL
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:09
Regular
"I love J-42"
Hmm you could of asked me for advice.

But I do remember people slagging my connection off :(

nah, seriosuly, 3 new filters did it for us.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:38
Regular
Ye cost is a problem. I am waiting for a £400 graphics card to be delivered so I can play the likes of Half Life 2 and Doom 3 on top settings. Should last me a good few years mind you but when you are shellign out it does cripple you. I grabbed 1GB of Ram when I upgraded in December which will last me a hell of a long time. Just the CPU and Mobo that need upgrading which wouldn't cost more than a brand new console on release to get a decent one.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:34
Regular
The paying for new material is a joke. You pay £40 a year, and £40 for the game, then the cheeky bast's have the gall to ask you for more.

For free material, the PC is king. I just get sick to death forking out for upgrades. 2 years ago this PC was pretty high end, now it's just plain crap.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:31
Regular
True. Only when they decide to slap $5.00 charges on single downloads it really does take the pi$$. Thats the reported charge per course on Links 2004, on top of what you pay for LIVE.

You do get idiots where ever you play its just with PC gaming I don't have to listen to their little teenage tantrums or little boy acts.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:25
Regular
Fair enough, but having a headset can make games better when you are playing with decent people. You can organise attacks and stuff, and at the very least have a laugh while you are playing.

I agree the games can be a lot better on the PC (for example, you can't play RTS games on Live), but the types of players you come across are pretty much the same.

I was playing red alert 2 about a year ago, I was allied with 2 other people. Half way through the game, one of them un-allied with us and started blowing us up because he got bored, basically ruining the game.

You'll find it wherever you go.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
Yes... and...

I was pointing out that LIVE is no different from PC online gaming. Anti cheat servers on Call of Duty stop the cheating aspect. People on LIVE stand near spawn points, camp, act like complete idiots and the like. I'm not paying to play mediocre LIVE games with t*ts when I can get PC games cheaper and not have to listen to some pathetic little 14 year olds scream down the mic and generally acting like compelte gimps.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:17
Regular
You can't sit there and tell me that everyone who plays online games on a PC is sound. That's rubbish. I've played many online PC games, with people cheating left, right and centre. People standing near respawn points and shooting you over and over.

PC Gamers can be just as cretinous as Live players.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.